visa fee for vietnam

Post Reply New Thread

visa fee for vietnam

Rank

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2008-03-30

hi all, im applying for single entry vietnam visa but on their website i cant see how much it is unless im being blind - it just seems to say i need to enquire, but they havnt got back to me yet. ive seen different figures given from different places - anyone done this recently and know how much it is? im going for about 10 days maybe so i think this comes under the single entry = 30 days. anyone…???!!!

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2006-07-14

Hey mate, is Vietnam your first stop on your journey?

If not and you are flying into Bangkok/HK etc just get the visa out there. Genuine opinion is that it is is easy, quick and cheaper to do on your travels.  :D

And it will be a 30 day tourist visa for you bud (Unless someone can tell me otherwise LOL )

Hope that helps a little bit 8)

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 6388

Joined 2005-09-29

Basically, if you get it in the UK you’ll pay around £40.

If you get it out in SE Asia, then you’ll pay about £20-£30 if you shop around, but again, up to £40 if you get an ‘express’ service through a travel agent.

Express visas direct from embassies and consulates are cheaper.

Rank

Joined 2008-03-30

yeah im going bangkok first. i wasnt sure about getting it out there or not - if its easier and cheaper then thats good enough for me. cheers! if anyone else has done this would be good to know. id heard they might be a bit more strict than that and say i defo need one or is it just the hassle that it takes a while…??

Joined 2005-09-29

Dunno what you mean there, chap.

You definitely need a visa for Vietnam, aye. It’s just that you’ve got the option to either get it in the UK, or at another country in SE Asia.

You can’t get it at the border or airports in Vietnam itself. You must pre-arrange it.

Rank

Joined 2008-03-30

yeah sorry my last post didnt make sense. anyway if i get one in the uk by sending off my passport to the embassy do you know the fee for the actual visa? excluding the p&p

Joined 2005-09-29

£37 last time I did it in the UK, but you’d need to speak to the embassy to get current prices, because I don’t think they publish visa costs on their website these days.

Rank

Joined 2008-03-30

cheers for info. finally managed to get hold of them and its £38 ( +£8 p&p) if anyone else wants to know.

Total Posts: 1761

Joined 2005-11-30

If you are going through cambodia or Laos on the way to Vietnam then visas were available for around $30-40. That advice is a yer out of date but I’d be surprised if they were now all up to £40 or so by now.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 205

Joined 2007-03-05

I got mine in Cambodia for about $30… I really didn’t want to get it before I left as I had no idea when I’d be reaching Vietnam. Those type of plans using change on the road.  :wink:

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2011-06-20

Just go to vietnam with your 20$. It pretty low and you can get visa vietnam fee fastly.

Total Posts: 2534

Joined 2006-07-14

Im pretty sure the above statement is rubbish, unless things have changed since 2009. You have to apply for your visa before you arrive, in an embassy or online and pick it up on certain borders.

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 518

Joined 2011-02-18

James is right. The Vietnam visa costs $35, but sometimes more if you go through a visa agency… I’ve heard fees of up to $50. Just make sure you keep your wits about you - as I said, $35 at the embassy.

Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2011-11-25

If you enter Vietnam by air why shouldn’t you use vietnam visa online service, it is more convenient and cheap, the last time I was charged USD 45 totally for a tourist visa vietnam.The important thing is it saves times a lot, we just need a couple of minutes to fill in the application online and receive the electronic visa approval.

My uncle and a friend of mine are regular travelers to Vietnam, they always use http://evietnamvisa.com.

Last month I was told of two other trusted agents http://www.visaforvietnam.org and http://www.vietnamvisa-online.com.

These three agents are all good.