Vietnam Visa HELP

Vietnam Visa HELP

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 206

Joined 2007-07-23

My boyfriend and I need to sort out our visas for Vietnam and preferably would like to do them before we go. He’s just found out that he’s being taken away on an all expenses paid work trip a month before we go so we need to get cracking!

Basically…can sometime tell me the earliest we can apply for them?
And
the visa application asks for dates, but the problem is that we’re not really sure of our arrival date or how long we’ll be there. We just know that we have 3 months to work our way from Bangkok around SE Asia and out of Singapore.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! X

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2007-07-23

Ok I’ve just found out that we can apply up to six months in advance, but any advice on the dates situation is much appreciated! Do we give an estimate and hope it’s right!

How long do most people spend in Vietnam? The visa lasts a month so I guess it gives us some leeway!

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1977

Joined 2008-04-17

Just get it when you get to Asia.
If you’re starting in Bangkok, you’ll either be going in a clockwise or anti clockwise direction - you can get the visa all around Asia.

I’ve heard the best place is Phnom Penh in Cambodia. That’s where I got mine. It’s supposedly the cheapest and quickest place to get them.

If you desparately want to get them before you leave the UK, that’s fine. But you’ll pay more money for it and it will take longer. It’s so easy getting it out there. You’ll know more exact dates then too - they may not let you in if you are outside those dates. I know the date you have to leave by is strict, not so sure on entry dates.

You can either get a 2 week or 4 week visa. I had a 2 week and it wasn;‘t quite long enough. 3 weeks there would have been ideal!

Rank

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2010-03-11

There are two kinds of dates: registered date on the visa and arrival date to Vietnam. You can enter Vietnam after but no sooner than the registered dates and leave sooner but no later than registered dates. You can apply the Visa to Vietnam 1 week in advanve to avoid problems.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2007-07-23

Thanks for your replies….however, we can’t do the online visa on arrival as we are entering and leaving by land not plane.

Denton - we’re hoping to get the 4 week visa as I thought we’d prob be there for around 3 weeks. However, we’re going clockwise so Cambodia is out of the question!

My main concern about getting it once we’re out there is a) that we’ll have to wait around for it. Any idea how long it usually takes? and b) that it then comes out of our travelling fund rather than having paid for it in advance from our day to day money in the UK!

Rank

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2010-02-17

Hey janine,

I am just aaplying for my visa at the moment. I have decided to get it before i go so I am applying by post to the Vietnam embassy in London. I am coming from China so I dont have an exact date but putting my start date as a few days after I leave from Hong Kong. I figured I would spend about 3 weeks giving me a leway of a couple of days on each side. Hope that helps, but you will need to put exact dates down.

Ruth

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1977

Joined 2008-04-17

Well you can get in Bangkok no problem, or Kuala Lumpur or Singapore. Sure you must be able to get it in Laos somewhere… Phnom Penh would have an embassy for Vietnam - google it to make sure!

RE money, it’s $30 US ish once you get out here… and yes, I’m sure it’s nice to know you don’t have to pay that expense when you’re on the road, but you’ll be spending so much money you won’t notice an extra $30!

You can get the visa in 3 or 4 days, but if you’re unsure, allow 5 or so. You leave your passport, so you can always go an explore somewhere else and go back if you don’t want to hang around. You’ll need passport photos, but you need those for all land borders (generally 2 per crossing)

Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2011-11-25

if people enter by land, you should apply for visa at vietnam embassy

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 142

Joined 2011-01-25

ms yeiuw - 25 November 2011 08:07 AM

Edited to add,

Get your Vietnam visa in the country you will be in prior to entering Vietnam.
Ie, if your in Thailand, and next stop is Vietnam, then Thailand embassy or consulate will be your application point.

vette

Rank

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2010-01-25

We got our Vietnam visas while in Hong Kong. We dropped the forms off in the morning and got it later that day. It was one of the easiest visas to get for us. So if you’re not sure about dates definitely get it while in Thailand.

As for how long to send there, we spent 2 weeks and that wasnt long enough, so if you can spend 3 weeks or more, do that.

Also you mentioned going clockwise so I guess you are thinking about going from Laos to Vietnam? While we were in Laos we met some people for where having issues planning the best options for that journey so make sure you look into that before leaving and ask around while out there. The rest of the borders are easy though, no issues there.

Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2011-11-25

Uk_vette - 25 November 2011 02:23 PM
ms yeiuw - 25 November 2011 08:07 AM

Edited to add,

Get your Vietnam visa in the country you will be in prior to entering Vietnam.
Ie, if your in Thailand, and next stop is Vietnam, then Thailand embassy or consulate will be your application point.

vette

Thanks for your adding, it’s exactly my point

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2011-10-01

Hi,
  I would like to suggest you that,you should contact with the best travel agents.They will help you.

All the best…

Edited by alexandra_q2 at 10:25 26/11. Link promoting Canadian visa removed.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 142

Joined 2011-01-25

abroaduni - 26 November 2011 06:23 AM

Hi,
  I would like to suggest you that,you should contact with the best travel agents.They will help you.

All the best…

Edited by alexandra_q2 at 10:25 26/11. Link promoting Canadian visa removed.

For Vietnam?  get an agent?
No,,,,,,surely,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Vietnam is a very easy visa to get, just do it yourself.

Vette

Rank

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2012-07-11

If you Google for a VietNam visa the pages returned are filled with Official this and that. These are the scammers.

Now, years after Cambodia went on-line VietNam has followed suit.Remember: http://www.vietnamvisa.org.vn

Yoor friends will no longer need to pay agents and the embassies in their home country; eliminate scams.

This is for AIRPORT PICK-UP at Ha Noi, Da Nang and HCM.