Do you want the real Jamaican experience?

Do you want the real Jamaican experience?

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2011-08-24

I’m heading to Jamaica for 6 weeks, Oct 2 - Nov 15ish, to start my RWT. For most of the time I’ll be staying in Broughton, about 25 minutes from Negril, in one of the beach cabins that a friend of mine has been building for a few years. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Somali-Jungle-Jamaica/181702268509056 I’m an active Couch Surfer and will be able to host and know the sleep options once I settle in.

27 year old male from the US. I’m a laid back, mature experienced traveler and travel slow, VERY SLOW. Jamaica is my second home so I know the land and culture very well. I don’t plan ahead, I hang out in remote areas with locals and try to stay away from party areas. I do like to party, heavily, but I’m more of a dive bar on the beach with a few people kinda guy rather than clubs, big beach parties and raves, been there done that… I’m very into food, scenery, culture, chilling out, history, snorkeling, meditation and getting lost. If anyone is interested in traveling Jamaica with someone who’s experienced or is doing a simlar trip around the same time and wants to meet up, let me know. (Must not mind being around 420!). I’m in contact with a few others from various forums and Couch Surfing who are doing the same trip.

I’ll have a motorcycle the whole time and plan on exploring more of the interior and visiting some friends in St. Elizabeth and Portland. Of course I’ll spend my usual day or 2 a week, hanging around the West End, Negril. Just up the beach from the Lost Beach Resort, next to Paradise on the Beach, there is a small multi color thatch bar. There is a Rasta Ital Cooking party on Oct 15, with people coming from all over the island to attend. It should be alot of fun with great food and incredible people. Maybe I’ll see some of you there. If anyone will be there around the same time, I’d love to meet up for a beer, a smoke or some Jerk.

Bless Up!

John