Solo travelling without a plan!

Solo travelling without a plan!

Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2010-05-06

Hi,

wonder if anyone can help me. I was due to fly to Vietnam last week and join a tour on Sunday just gone. Unfortunately I was ill and couldn’t get on the flight so now flying out early next week.

However, I now can’t get on the tour I want.

I am prepared to ‘go it alone’ but haven’t planned anything or researched anywhere!

Will it be easy enough for me to get there and sort things out as I go? As I now don’t have a lot of time to look into things as sorting out insurance claim for the original tour/flight.

Any advice/info/places to go would be very much appreciated. Also, where is the best hostel to start from in Hanoi?

Thanks!
Roxanne

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2011-01-25

Roxyangel91 - 08 November 2011 02:41 PM

Hi,

wonder if anyone can help me. I was due to fly to Vietnam last week and join a tour on Sunday just gone. Unfortunately I was ill and couldn’t get on the flight so now flying out early next week.

However, I now can’t get on the tour I want.

I am prepared to ‘go it alone’ but haven’t planned anything or researched anywhere!

Will it be easy enough for me to get there and sort things out as I go? As I now don’t have a lot of time to look into things as sorting out insurance claim for the original tour/flight.

Any advice/info/places to go would be very much appreciated. Also, where is the best hostel to start from in Hanoi?

Thanks!
Roxanne

Hi Roxy,

Your going alone shouldn’t be too difficult.
Grab a phrase book, amd practice some commonn questions.
Ok, you will have to cart around your luggage from hostel to hostel,, but nothing that can’t be overcome.

No is a good time to go to Vietnam, not too hot, little wet, but nothing a PVC cape, or a good umberella won’t fix.
We have used http://www.hostelbookers.com/
and have been ok so far.
Once you get used to the different Asian culture, you will either love it or loath it.
I have been in China for almost 2 years now, and the Asian culture is pretty much a way of life for me.
Infact, there is many things done here, that I wouldn’t mind seeing done in UK.

Each to their own though.
I would say, go for it, keep a dairy, and remember to take thousands of photos.

Graham