nursing australia/ new zeland

Rank

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2011-04-02

Hey just wondered if any one was in proccess of getting their nursing registration or has their registration for australia or new zeland too answer questions or offer advice?

Much appreciated
Rachel

Rank

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2011-09-01

Im in the process but my friend is there now and it takes ages for them to process it.
Jennie x

RankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 905

Joined 2010-09-07

I got told to apply at least 6 months in advance because it can take a while, esp getting all your documents notorised etc.

Rank

Joined 2011-04-02

Hi jennie and finfang,
Are you with talking about australia? If your coming from uk do u need an english test? Im planning on going in years time so thought id apply in a few months. can you explain a bit more about the application process? What kind of documents do you need noterised? Looked at australian nursing and midwifery board web page the application process looked confusing. Have you/ when will u apply to agencies. What visas are you going on?

EDit- so need id documents, current and previous employers transcripts ( does that include hours worked and wages so nt just a reference?), nmc transcript, college/uni transcript. any thing else?do u need x rays for australia? 

Any help much appreciated!!!! Thank you!

RankRankRankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-09-07

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Registration-and-Endorsement/International.aspx

I suggest you look on the Australian nursing and midwifery registration boards website. All of the information is on there.

Because you can apply online in advance of arriving in Australia you need to send them notorised copies of your certificates ie - your degree, your degree transcript, evidence of your english language certificates etc etc.

As far as I know when you arrive in the country, they want to see the originals. By applying in advance you’re speeding up the process and making it easier to have your registration completed quicker when you arrive there - meaning you can get a job faster.

If you cannot prove you have completed your secondary education and your degree within the english language then you need to do your ILETS test.

RankRankRankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-09-07

Rachelsangster - 29 April 2012 08:21 PM

What visas are you going on?

EDit- so need id documents, current and previous employers transcripts ( does that include hours worked and wages so nt just a reference?), nmc transcript, college/uni transcript. any thing else?do u need x rays for australia? 

Any help much appreciated!!!! Thank you!

You’d need a working holiday visa. When you apply for one the visa asks will you be working in a hospital? If so, then you will need a medical including an xray… basically to rule out TB and to ensure your HIV status and make sure you are up to date with your immunisations.

If you asked your payroll department I’m sure they’d give you a letter headed document confirming how many hours you’ve worked for them.

Rank

Joined 2011-04-02

Thank you finfang hope your application goes smooth x