Lads down to Oz

Lads down to Oz

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 154

Joined 2012-06-19

Hey guys, im going to Oz in September 2013. I booked my flight for 11 september.
Was wondering if anyone else was going at that time?
The plan for me at the moment is to fly into Sydney, stay at some hostel for a while and find a job for around 5-6 months, then travel up the east coast for a while.
I plan on applying for a 2nd year visa as well.
Obviously i dont want to go on my own, so im looking for some people to enjoy the Aussie life with me while working, partying, travelling and meeting loads of people.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 311

Joined 2012-04-11

You will meet loads of people out there! I’ll be away to Asia a few months before you get to Australia so can’t help but even if you go alone, you won’t be alone for very long.

RankRankRank

Joined 2012-06-19

Where will I meet them in hostels or?? Should I go with oz intro? Is that good way to make friends?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-04-11

I don’t recommend Oz Intro.

Yes, you will meet people in hostels, on buses, at bars, literally everywhere. I can recommend the Oz Experience bus pass - similar to Greyhound but it’s specifically aimed at 18 to 30-something year old backpackers, the majority of which will probably be travelling solo.

Try not to worry too much about meeting people, it will happen!

RankRankRank

Joined 2012-06-19

Why not oz intro?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-04-11

Andrew1990 - 29 November 2012 12:38 PM

Why not oz intro?

I just feel you’re paying a very steep price for things you can do yourself. You’re also locked in with a group for a week, what if you don’t get on with them? I prefer to be more independent so it’s not my cup of tea. That being said, I’m sure if you were to book it you’d enjoy it. Depends on your budget!

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 540

Joined 2009-01-07

Lot of people on here (me included) are not fans of these Intro tours. You find that they massivley overcharge for thigns you can easily sort for yourself.

The one thing every new traveller is worried about is meeting people - and the one thing everyone who has travelled will tell you is never a problem.

As for where you will mee tpeople in Oz - your dorm, the common room, the kitchen, bars, pubs, clubs, buses, cars, trains, planes etc etc etc

While it is a really odd thing here when you are away you will literally walk up to a table full of peopel you don’t know and ask if you can join them. I have never had anyone say no (of course might be different if you are doing it to purely hit on girls!).

Rank

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2012-11-13

Just booked my tickets to Bangkok on 6th of January and flight to Sydney on the 1st of May.

So will still be there when you there, add me on facebook

www.facebook.com/freddie.whyman