Traveller’s personalities

Traveller’s personalities

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 155

Joined 2011-07-20

I’m bored/curious and was wondering, does any one else know their Myers Briggs type?

I’ve been looking into this since I met a Psychologist while travelling, he told me I was a stereotypical Type A personality and suggested a few books I should read to be more confident in my self.

Apparently I’m what Myers Briggs would classify as an ENFP which basically means I get bored really quickly, make impulsive decisions, I’m generally optimistic and happy, I crave independence and for some weird reason that I still don’t understand, people for some reason think that they like me.

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3963

Joined 2007-06-25

Here’s a free test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

According to that I’m: ENFJ
Extravert(1%) 
intuitive(25%)
intuitive Feeling(12%) 
Judging(44%)

You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Not sure I’d exactly agree, but the MBTI test has been discredited anyway!
Lexi

Rank

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2012-04-08

Well Apparently…
Extravert(11%)  iNtuitive(25%)  iNtuitive Thinking(1%)  Judging(1%)
You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

I did get bored half way through so may not be completely accurate- though that does say something about my personality; easily bored and distracted!

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 155

Joined 2011-07-20

Alexandra_q2 - 21 December 2012 03:36 PM

Not sure I’d exactly agree, but the MBTI test has been discredited anyway!
Lexi

I don’t know if it’s been discredited if done properly but the online tests are a bit of a nightmare, your results can vary greatly depending on your current mood and situation. I initially did the testing through work but even then I don’t feel it was very accurate, I’ve only looked at it this time to see if my results had changed following my 6 months away.

NB: I know nothing about psychology and am pretty much socially retarded, don’t trust anything I say when it’s regarding people.

Total Posts: 4601

Joined 2002-12-31

I am ESFP.

“Where’s the party?” ESFPs love people, excitement, telling stories and having fun. The spontaneous, impulsive nature of this type is almost always entertaining. And ESFPs love to entertain—on stage, at work, and/or at home. Social gatherings are an energy boost to these “people” people.

SPs sometimes think and talk in more of a spider-web approach. Several of my ESFP friends jump from thought to thought in mid-sentence, touching here or there in a manner that’s almost incoherent to the listener, but will eventually cover the waterfront by skipping on impulse from one piece of information to another. It’s really quite fascinating.

New! ESFPs are attracted to new ideas, new fashions, new gadgets, new ______. Perhaps it’s the newness of life that attracts ESFPs to elementary education, especially to preschool and kindergarten.

ESFPs love to talk to people about people. Some of the most colorful storytellers are ESFPs. Their down-to-earth, often homespun wit reflects a mischievous benevolence.

Almost every ESFP loves to talk.

Got my number totally!

Total Posts: 2689

Joined 2006-10-14

An accurate one for you, Lunny, would be 100% twat. Should have asked me and saved your time.

RankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 905

Joined 2010-09-07

Lunny’s just like a woman! hahaha smile

Do you have lots of female friends? Meet up occasionally for coffee mornings?