working disneyland florida

Post Reply New Thread

working disneyland florida

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 148600

Joined 2003-09-20

Heya, is anyone interested in working in disneyland florida or has any advice or info?
Em x

Joined 2003-09-20

working with disney world was something I wanted to do and I called them up but they wanted a face-to-face interview.
but you could try getting employment with them through an organisation such as workexperienceUSA or workAmerica

Joined 2003-09-20

hi, there are 2 ways for people in the UK to work at Walt Disney World in Florida.

There is a summer program, last 4 months. You have to be within university years, apply in september, have a face to face interview (in the UK) in november.

There is a one year international program with many departures through out the year. Application process can take from 6 months to over a year, due to interview dates and visa application time length.

If you need any more info then ask

Joined 2003-09-20

Hello i have read your post on two ways for working for disney for people in the UK and as soon as im 18 or a bit older i do want to work there either for the year or the four months and i would just like a bit more information on that as soon as possible please. it would really help smile

Joined 2003-09-20

Hey Em
Aww wow that would be truely AMAZING !
DEFO UP FOR THAT!
if you get any information please let me know!
Im hoping to go away in june for bout a year how about you ?
hope to hear from you!
Roxiie x

Joined 2003-09-20

Hey,
Just woundering how i go about applying to work there for a year! smile
please let me know !
thank you ! smile

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-05-04

Hya, im thinking of travelling to Disney land Florida to become one of the characters that are seen in the parks smile I was wondering if i could get some advice as to how to apply for a job and with whom i should talk too… i am planning to do it in my gap year before Uni for about a year.

Thank you!

smile Rose-Marie

Rank

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2011-03-20

Hey guys, I worked for walt disney world in Florida in the summer of 2009. i was a lifeguard at blizzard beach. If your from the UK the company to use id ‘yummy jobs’ just type them in google. they offer summer programmes and year long programmes.

definatly recommend this to anyone interested it was the best thing i ever did. Made some amazing friends and working for Disney is literally unbelievable.

if you need anything else just ask.

Matt

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2011-01-06

Dude working as a lifeguard at Blizzard Beach would be so dam awesome it’s unreal!! So tempted by this but making it part of my RTW trip raspberry

Couple of questions though if you don’t mind. How old were you when you went? Was there many people mid 20s as I will be around 26 I think by the time I travel. Also did it cost you anything? alot of companys charge you to sort out the work but then you get paid for doing it.

Rank

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2011-03-20

Yer dude it was the best job in the world. I was 19 when I did it. it was part of the programme were they take on university students from the UK, so unless your still a student i think you would have to do the ‘cultural representative programme’.

There were plenty of people working at blizzard that were similar age to you, some older in fact. I did have to pay for a few things before I went, you will need to pay for flight and part of your visa but Disney do help you with that. But while your working for them the wages are good and the accommodation they offer is amazing!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2011-01-06

Thats alright then! Yeah I wont be a student as never did uni but I have to atleast think about it raspberry A year working for Disney at any age would be a year well spent in my eyes smile Might even get life guard training so I can apply for Blizzard Beach or Typoon Lagoon haha! Would be amazing! I saw once that they put you up to live in a village they built purposly for Disney Employees… sounds good smile