Booking InterRail tickets is always a good idea, made even better by letting us book them for you. Tell us your InterRailing plans and we can advise what’s best for you using our years of backpacking knowledge.
Just give us a call.
Or, if you’d like us to contact you, fill in the enquiry form below. Bear in mind though, we can only book an InterRail pass three months before you travel.
InterRailing is available in 30 countries – let us help you plan your route.
You’ll be assigned someone who’s been there and done that.
If we think a regional pass will be best, we’ll tell you.
You can actually talk to someone about your plans.
You can book your accommodation and insurance with us too, and your flights. All in one phone call!
Your Options for Interrailing
When it comes to booking InterRail passes you’ve basically got two choices. You can either book the Global Pass or the One Country Pass, to be honest the names are pretty self explanatory, but here’s some further clarification, if you need...
The Global Pass gives you access to train travel in 30 different European countries:
Austria (including Liechtenstein), Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France (including Monaco), Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland (Northern and the Republic of Ireland), Italy, Luxembourg, FYR Macedonia, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey.
You can choose between a 1st or 2nd class pass depending on how rich / fancy you are.
You also have a choice between booking a continuous InterRail pass or a flexi one – it depends on how much travel you want to do and how quickly you want to do it. If you’re a young one – under 26 – you can get a big discount on your ticket too.
One Country Pass
If all you want to do is explore a country good and proper you can book one of our One Country Passes with the Gapyear.com Travel team. You can choose from 27 of the One Country Passes.
Just to note, if you’re travelling in two countries it makes sense to get two One Country Passes, but if you’re visiting three or more, go for the Global Pass.
Why You Should Book an InterRail Pass
Most trains you can just turn up and jump on, making it an easy way to get around Europe. Some of them – mainly high speed ones and overnights – you will have to reserve in advance. If they’re peak trains on popular routes you may have to pay a reservation fee too, but that’s rare.
1. Interrail passes help you to budget. You know exactly what you’re going to be spending on transport in advance and won’t need to even think about it as you travel.
2. Some European ferry crossings are also included in your Interrail pass. Make sure to take advantage of this in Greece.
3. There are over 150 other benefits throughout Europe, as well as your train travel, including accommodation discounts, tour price cuts, food discounts, museum discounts and money off boutiques.
4. Trains are 100% the best way to cover a lot of ground in a short time. With an Interrail pass you can explore the length and breadth of Europe from your train seat and go exactly where you want to go.
5. Some of the train routes are absolutely stunning – think the Bergen Railway in Norway and the Bernina Express in Switzerland, or even the Centovalli Railway between Switzerland and Italy.