Nomads Fraser Island Tours
from $319 AUD
to $429 AUD
Experience the worlds largest sand Island and all the unique activities it has to offer if the comfort of your own 4x4 on our Fraser Island guided self drive tour departing from beautiful iconic Noosa
About Fraser Island...
Fraser Island covers an area of 184,000 hectares and is 123km long and 22 km wide (at the widest point), making it the largest sand Island in the world! With it’s lush rainforests, towering hardwood forests, endless golden beaches and crystal clear freshwater lakes and streams, Fraser Island is a precious natural wonder and a place of exceptional beauty. This stunning world heritage listed paradise is also home to Australia’s most pure Dingo blood line as well as dugongs, turtles, goannas, eastern curlews, dolphins and whales and many other species of Australian wildlife.
About Nomads Fraser Island tours...
Go your own way on Fraser Island with Nomads Fraser Island Tours. We have quality guided self drive 4wd 2 day/1 night tour packages. Our guides will lead you through one of the worlds most pristine environments, taking time to experience the fresh waters of Lake McKenzie, the shipwrecked remains of the ‘Maheno’ and the spectacular views from Indian Head. Relax in the ‘champagne pools’ or take a trek through lush rainforest of Central Station. Drive your 4×4 along 75 mile beach, explore the sand dunes or float down Eli Creek. See beautiful sunsets and meet new friends around the camp fire.
What is a Tag Along Tour?
A Nomads 4×4 Tag Along Safari, is the best way for like minded travellers to experience World Heritage listed, Fraser Island – “the largest sand island in the world”!! Nomads offer the ideal balance between a guided and self drive adventure safari, where you can experience the freedom of driving yourself under the leadership of an experienced Fraser Island Tour guide.
What's included in the Nomads tag-along tour?
• Guided 4 vehicle max, self drive tour
• Extra tour through the Great Sandy National Park on the way to Fraser Island
• Pre and Post accommodation at Nomads Noosa
• Accommodation at Nomads Fraser Island. Your own sleeping bag is required or available for hire at Nomads Noosa.
• 4WD Vehicle hire and fuel
• Professional and knowledgeable guide
• Safety briefing held at Nomads Noosa the night prior to the departure
• Meals while on the Island.
• Return ferry transfer to the Island
• Local fees
• Free luggage storage in Noosa
• Exclusive post tour party at KB’s Bar at Nomads Noosa
Hostel accommodation on Fraser Island
• Beachfront accommodation situated a stone’s throw from the Pacific Ocean
• Enjoy modern dorm room accommodation with en-suite bathrooms
• Chill out around the camp fire pit after a full day of exploring the Island with new friends
• Games room with a pool table, lounges and a great view of the beach
Hostel accommodation in Noosa
• Resort style backpacker accommodation
• Dorm room accommodation with en-suite bathrooms
• Hostel facilities including, Kitchen, internet & WIFI facilities, Security swipe card access, laundry facilities and much more
• Tropical pool surrounded by lush gardens
• Beach volleyball court
• FREE surfboard and body board hire
• Rock’n post tour party and other events at the World Famous KB’s bar!
Things you can see on Fraser Island
• Drive 4x4 along 75 mile beach
• Explore the Sanddunes
• Swim and play at Lake Birrabeen
• Visit Wanggoolba Creek
• At Lake Allom see fresh water turtles
• Swim in lake Wabby
• Swim in beautiful Lake Mackenzie
• Trek through the lush rainforest of Central Station
• Float down prestine Eli Creek
• Visit the historical Maheno ship wreck
• Be in awe of the spectacular view from
Indian Head and maybe even spot Tiger
sharks and humpback whales*
• Relax at the dramatic champagne pools*
- Visitation to all attractions subject to island conditions, tides, weather and time constraints.
Do you accept non UK citizens?
Do you accept applicants with disabilities?