There’s Nothing Sub About This Continent
from £635 GBP
Overland travel from India to Nepal is one of the great, classic journeys. By just arriving in Nepal we get a feeling that that we have taken a step back in time, as it is a country that is forever changing and yet in many ways remains the same. The people, history and culture all make profound impacts on travellers, but the country is also home to the majestic Himalaya – the highest mountains in the world. Even whilst exploring the foothills, you experience their mystical and almost spiritual feel. Crossing the border into India, we find the pace of life quickens yet the people are just as friendly and just as proud of their culture and their heritage. This short adventure gives us a taste and a feel for what is India’s heart and soul. By the time we reach Delhi, you will already be planning your return.
3-4 Chitwan National Park
9 Agra - Taj Mahal
10 Tordi Garh
• Gecko’s expert English-speaking local tour guides throughout the tour, and local site guides at some sites.
• Sightseeing (including entrance fees where applicable): Kathmandu including Bodhnath Stupa and Pashupatinath; Lumbini including temple complexes, Ashoka Pillar and Maya Devi Temple; Varanasi's back lanes and crowded alleyways; Agra including the Taj Mahal; Jaipur including Amber Fort, Old Bazaar and The Palace of the Winds; and Delhi including Chandni Chowk and Connaught Place.
• Morning boat ride on the Ganges to witness the rituals on the ghats.
• Royal Chitwan National Park – elephant ride with a wildlife guide, lodge accommodation and entrance fees.
• Off-the-beaten-track experience in Tordi Garh – village walk, a visit to ruined temples and a fortress, and a jeep safari.
• Overnight accommodation in the 16th Century Tordi Palace .
• Free time to explore Kathmandu, Chitwan National Park, Agra, Jaipur and Delhi.
• Overnight train from Varanasi to Agra. Accommodation air-conditioned sleeper class with three-tier sleeping berths (two sheets, a blanket and a pillow provided per person).
1 night Overnight train
10 nights Hotels/guesthouses
2 nights Jungle lodge