from £905 GBP
Mexico is a perfect destination of ours. Rich in culture, stunning scenery, colourful markets, great local transport, friendly people and the archaeological remnants of the great empires of the Aztecs, Toltecs and Mayas.
Our overland journey begins in Mexico City, where the colour and vibrancy of this bustling city will surely get you in the mood for our adventure. We visit the ‘can’t miss’ ruins at Teotihuacan before visiting the beautiful colonial cities of Puebla and Oaxaca. Next is the Zapotec ruins of Monte Alban before we come to the wonderful town of San Cristobel de Las Casas, home of the descendents of the ancient Maya. Further on are their ancestral ruins at Palenque. The ‘White City’ – Merida is our gateway to the state of Yucatan, the stunning Chichen Itza ruins and finally the beautiful blue waters and sandy beaches of the Caribbean coast.
Day 1 Mexico City
Day 2 Teotihuacan Ruins - Mexico City
Day 3 Mexico City
Day 4 Puebla
Day 5 Oaxaca
Day 6 Monte Alban
Day 7-8 San Cristobal
Day 9-10 Palenque
Day 11-12 Merida
Day 13-15 Chichen Itza - Cancun
1 night Overnight bus
13 nights Budget/tourist class hotels
• Geckos expert English-speaking regional leader throughout the tour, and local site guides at some sites.
• Orientation walking tour in Mexico City, Puebla, Oaxaca, San Cristobel, Palenque and Merida.
• Exploration of four archaeological ruin sites with local site guides and entry included: Teotihuacan, Monte Alban, Palenque and the most famous Mayan site in Mexico - Chichen Itza.
• Visit to indigenous highland villages near San Cristobal.
• Time at the waterfalls of Agua Azul and Misol Ha.
• Free time to relax on the beaches of Cancun.
• Free time to explore Mexico City, Spanish colonial Puebla; Oaxaca, and the ‘White City’ of Merida