Sea & Snow Instructor
Join Flying Fish in Sydney, Australia and Whistler, Canada. Spend a gap year on the sea and the slopes and enjoy the best of both worlds.
Sea & Snow Instructor is a 12 week programme leading to work as a sail, surf or windsurf instructor AND as a ski or snowboard instructor. Train with the experts, then let us help you find you work in winter sports and water sports.
Sea & Snow Instructor is the best of all the Flying Fish gap year options. Choose your favourite water sport and put this together with your favourite snow sport.What will I do
- In Australia spend six weeks either surf, windsurf or dinghy sail instructor training
- PLUS - In Whistler spend six weeks of ski or snowboard instructor training
The Flying Fish experience is enjoyed by over 600 people a year on professional courses - plus hundreds more who learn a new sport or join an improvement course. They come from all round the world. Everyone is over 18 but there is no upper limit. Many candidates are in their thirties and forties, a few in their fifties and sixties.
- Start by visitng our site
- Select your course or event and follow the prompts to hold a place for 48 hours. You can do this without a deposit.
- Use the same screen to make a full application or book online. You can make a payment at this stage to confirm your place.
- Contact the training advisers at Flying Fish for advice at any time.
This placement would suit:
Any gapper wanting to get the best of both worlds - the sea and slopes. Get qualified in your fave sports in fab locations and work all over the world.
Do you accept non UK citizens?
Do you accept applicants with disabilities?
“Evening workshops and extra guided ski-ing days are always available. The instructor exam weeks are tough but so worth the effort. When your name is called and you haul your exhausted body up to receive your qualification at the end of the week – it’s the greatest feeling of pride.”
~ by Kate Gray
accommodation, kit, airport pickup
Welcome to the world of Flying Fish: professional training and international adventure on the sea and the snow. We guarantee you fun and excitement. Combine professional training with international adventure on courses from 2 to 18 weeks. Suitable for trainee professionals, gappers, career breakers, experienced instructors, yacht skippers & crew.