Great Wall & Warriors - 9 Days
Explore the sprawling Forbidden City, the massive Tiananmen Square, the characterful hutongs and the beautiful Summer Palace, all in the historic capital of Beijing. Don your walking shoes and climb the Great Wall before a comfortable overnight sleeper train brings you to Xi’an and the famed Terracotta Warriors. Stand face to face with this life-like frozen army and learn more about their incredible story. Enjoy a leisurely bike ride along the city’s medieval wall before heading to the sizzling city of Shanghai. Wander alongside the historic Bund, see the active Jade Buddha Temple and soak up the atmosphere of the Yuyuan Gardens. Top it off with a cruise along the Huangpu River, spotting the famous buildings of Shanghai’s ever-morphing skyline along the way. Discover what has come to be known as ‘the Venice of the East’ with a cruise along the canals of ancient Suzhou and time to shop in a silk workshop. The amazing journey ends in Shanghai.
• 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners including a Peking duck dinner.
• 2 overnight trains (soft sleeper cabin)
• Chinese acrobatic performance
• Xi’an - bike ride on medieval City Wall
• Suzhou - historic Grand Canal cruise
• Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 9
• All relevant transfers and transportation in private A/C vehicles
• 6 nights 3 - 4 star hotels
• Touring of Beijing, Badaling, Xi’an, Shanghai and Suzhou
• Rickshaw ride through Beijing’s’ Hutongs
• Shanghai - Huangpu River cruise
• Tour Guide escorted for groups of 6 or more
• English speaking specialist guides at local sights
accommodation, airport pickup