Voyage en Indochine
from £595 GBP
Beginning in Vietnam’s liveliest city, Saigon, this adventurous overland journey takes you into the heart of Cambodia to explore some of the world’s greatest archaeological treasures, the astounding temples of Angkor. After visiting the former Viet Cong underground stronghold of the Cu Chi Tunnels, we drive across the border into Cambodia and spend a day exploring its capital Phnom Penh and visiting the sad and sobering “Killing Fields” of Choeung Ek. Our exciting journey then continues by bus around South East Asia’s largest freshwater lake to Siem Reap. From here we’ll explore what is regarded as one of the world’s greatest archaeological monuments, the magnificent Angkor temple complexes.
Our adventure is by no means over yet as we travel to the Cambodian/Thai border town of Poipet over rough undeveloped roads in the back of local mini-vans and continue on to exciting Bangkok and journey’s end in the relative comfort of an air-conditioned local coach.
1-2 Saigon - Cu Chi Tunnels
3-4 Phnom Penh
5-7 Siem Reap - Angkor
8 Siem Reap - Bangkok
Private aircon bus
9 nights Hotel
• Gecko’s expert English-speaking local tour guides throughout the tour, and local site guides at some sites.
• Day-long tour of Angkor including the South Gate of Angkor Thom, Bayon, Elephant Terrace, Baphoun, the Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas, Terrace of the Leper King, Ta Prohm and Angkor Wat.
• Cyclo tour of Phnom Penh including the Royal Palace and Tuol Sleng Prison. Visit to the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek and the Russian Market.
• Sightseeing (including entrance fees where relevant): Cu Chi Tunnels and Bangkok.
• Free time to explore Saigon, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Bangkok.