Camels, Souks & Kasbahs
Beginning in the Imperial city of Marrakech, we journey north to Casablanca, made famous in the 1940s by actor Humphrey Bogat and Ingrid Bergman. Rock the Kasbah and a palace too, in Morocco’s capital with a visit to Oudaia before heading on to the royal city of Meknes where we explore ancient Roman ruins. Journey high into the Rif Mountains for a tour around the colourful white and blue walled medina and continue to Fes for an assault on all the senses. Revel in the sights, sounds and smells of this medieval city’s tanneries and perhaps nab yourself a new leather handbag or belt! The next few days are given to hiking in alpine mountain scenery, marvelling at the stunning sand dunes of Erg Chebbi, camel trekking into the Sahara and exploring the dizzy heights of Todra Gorge. Relax in the charming coastal resort of Essaouria before heading back to the busy markets of Marrakech.
To make your trip easier, we’ll meet you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel in Marrakech for your first night’s stay. Breakfasts are included daily as well as five dinners and three lunches with the chance to experience a traditional Berber camp dinner for our night in the Sahara.
• 4 Breakfasts, 3 lunches, 5 dinners including Berber camp dinner
• Guided sighting in Chefchaouen, Volubilis, Fes, Ait Benhaddou and Marrakech
• Arrival transfer from Marrakech airport - on day 1
• Todra Gorge walk
• Transportation and transfers in private 4x4 or mini van/touring vehicle, public bus Essaouira - Marrakech day 13
• All road taxes and tolls
• 14 nights 2- 3 star hotel, 1 night camping - Berber camp in the Sahara
• Specialist local guides at some sites
• Camel trek into the Sahara
• Escorted by an English speaking tour leader
• All entrance fees to included sights