Inside Indochina - 22 Days
Inside Indochina - 22 Days
Countries: Cambodia, Laos, VietnamJoin us on an exciting journey through Indochina. Discover enchanting Laos with its stunning Buddhist sanctuaries and welcoming people before heading to Vietnam to uncover the highlights of north and south with Halong Bay and the Mekong Delta. The finale is the captivating kingdom of Cambodia and the awe-inspiring temples of Angkor.
Find out what makes Vientiane so charming with visits to tranquil Buddhist temples, the sculpture strewn Buddha Park and the humbling COPE Centre. Soak up the gorgeous scenery of Vang Vieng perfectly enjoyed with a bicycle ride to the local caves. Fall in love with enchanting Luang Prabang and the sight of saffron robed monks and the smells of fresh coffee and baguettes. Sail a scenic cruise along the mighty Mekong River and visit the Pak Ou Caves jam packed with Buddha images and statues. Feel the hustle and bustle of Vietnam’s vibrant capital, Hanoi, before boarding a traditional junk to enjoy the panoramic views of the limestone islands of Halong Bay. The Reunification Express takes us to the imperial city of Hue to explore the citadel and religious sanctuaries. The charming, old-world town of Hoi An is our next stop and perfect for souvenir shopping in the boutique artisan shops. Sample rural Vietnam with a bicycle trip to Tra Que village before heading south to pulsating Saigon. Here we continue to the Mekong Delta for sampan trips to floating markets and narrow waterways. Squeeze yourself into a Cu Chi tunnel and continue to Cambodia for a tour around the glittery sights of Phnom Penh. Explore the awesome temples of Angkor, from the staring heads of Angkor Thom to the jungle-swallowed Ta Phrom. Finish in Siem Reap and the floating villages of Lake Tonle Sap.
• 21 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 3 dinner
• Economy class flights Luang Prabang - Hanoi, Danang - Saigon, Phnom Penh - Siem Reap
• Bicycle ride to Tra Que village and cooking demonstration
• Airport arrival transfer day 1 and departure transfer day 22
• Escorted by an English speaking Laotian, Vietnamese and Cambodian tour guides. Specialist guide in the Mekong
• Visa approval letter (excl. stamping fee required upon arrival)
• 19 nights 4 star and special class hotels, 1 night deluxe junk boat and 1 overnight sleeper train (Junk boat: private cabin, Sleeper train: basic, 4 berth cabin.)
• Halong Bay Junk boat cruise
• Sampan and row boat journeys in the Mekong Delta
• Guided sightseeing - Vientiane, Vang Vieng, Luang Prabang, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue, Ho Ain, Mekong Delta, Saigon, Cu Chi, Phnom Penh and temples of Angkor
• All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles
• Maximum group size: 20 travellers