STCW 95 Superyacht Interior Crew Training
from £1935 GBP
Our two week Deck Crew course gives you the essential qualifications needed to enter the superyacht industry as a member of crew. The course is eligible for UK Armed Forces resettlement funding for service leavers.About the course
The course is split into four sections:
- STCW 95 Basic Safety Training - a compulsory qualification for crew on superyachts and all vessels over 24 metres.
- RYA Short Range Radio (GMDSS/DSC) - a legal requirement so you can talk on the radio.
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 - a legal requirement to drive the yacht's tenders, which can be quite large.
- RYA Competent Crew - you need to know the basics of sailing and seamanship so you can carry out your daily tasks on deck.
This five-day liveaboard course introduces you to sailing in the sheltered waters of the Solent, and takes you to the level required to be a useful member of the crew.
On completion of this course, you will have all the qualifications required to apply for a job as a deckhand on a superyacht. The course takes place at Cowes, Isle of Wight, yachting capital of England. You stay in comfortable, waterside accommodation at Point Cottages.What you get
- 125 sea miles logged
- RYA Competent Crew
- STCW 95 Elementary First Aid
- STCW 95 Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW 95 Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities
- STCW 95 Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting
- RYA Short Range Radio (GMDSS/DSC)
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- Free online recruitment service
- Safety equipment
- STCW 95 exam fees
- Shared, self-catering accommodation at Point Cottages when shorebased
If you are looking for work as deck crew you now have all the qualifications you need. To achieve the MCA Yacht Rating Certificate you need evidence of two months service on a vessel over 15m, to be presented to the MCA with your STCW 95, Day Skipper and Competent Crew qualifications.
Our two week Interior Crew course gives you the essential qualifications needed to enter the super yacht industry as a Steward or Stewardess.
This placement would suit:
To work on a Superyacht is a dream job. It is well paid, usually tax free and offers a life of luxury travel to some of the world’s most beautiful locations. You live in luxury, rent free, in a stunning waterfront home. You are provided with gourmet food and you have a range of fabulous toys on board.
Do you accept non UK citizens?
Do you accept applicants with disabilities?
Welcome to the world of Flying Fish: professional training and international adventure on the sea and the snow. We guarantee you fun and excitement. Combine professional training with international adventure on courses from 2 to 18 weeks. Suitable for trainee professionals, gappers, career breakers, experienced instructors, yacht skippers & crew.