Countries: ChinaThis round trip of China will bring you face to face with the country’s political past – visit the imperial sites of Beijing, the birthplace of Confucius and the home of a Communist Party Official! Add in holy caves, tombs and mountains and you have a cultural feast of a trip!
Head back in time at the sprawling Forbidden City as our tour kicks off in Beijing. Visit the heart of the capital, Tiananmen Square, and climb the famous Great Wall before exploring the UNESCO listed Longman Grottoes where 100,000 statues and images of Buddha are carved into the cliffs above the Yi River. See an army frozen in time as we continue to Xi’an, home of the legendary Terracotta Warriors. Adjust your eyes for the striking skyline of glitzy Shanghai. See the old and the new as we visit the Jade Buddha temple and walk along the colonial Bund. Enjoy a cruise in China’s very own Venice, the ancient Suzhou with its many canals and pretty waterways. Put your philosophical cap on at the birthplace of Confucius. Qufu is also home to the great Confucius Temple and a tomb-studded forest. Discover Communist principles in practice with a trip to the village of Bu Yang and one of China’s holiest mountains. With over 6,000 steps to the summit, Mt Tai Shan is certainly a challenge so we cheat with a scenic cable car ride! Wine and dine with a fabulous hotpot lunch in Jinan before returning to Beijing where our adventure began.
Breakfast is included daily and we treat you to a traditional Peking Duck dinner and lunch at a Communist Party official’s home. Transfers and transportation are included and we meet the locals on overnight soft sleeper trains. We stay in 3-4* accommodation and enjoy guided sightseeing at the main sights.
• 14 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 2 dinners including a Traditional Peking Duck dinner in Beijing and 2 Hotpot lunches
• 3 overnight trains (soft sleeper cabin)
• Rickshaw ride through Beijing’s Hutongs
• Shanghai - Huangpu River Cruise
• Touring of Beijing, Badaling, Luoyang, Xi’an, Shanghai, Suzhou, Qufu and Jinan
• English speaking specialist guides at local sights
• Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 15
• High speed train journey - Luoyang - Xi’an
• 11 nights 3-4 star hotels (basic 2/3 star in Qufu)
• Chinese acrobatic performance
• Xi’an - bike ride on medieval City Wall
• Suzhou - historic Grand Canal cruise
• Return cable car journey – Mt Tai Shan
• All relevant transfers and transportation
• Tour leader escorted for groups of 6 or more
accommodation, airport pickup