Big Ticket - 19 Days
Big Ticket - 19 Days
Countries: China, Mongolia, RussiaGo Bolshoi (Russian for ‘big’) with this sensational train ride from Moscow to Beijing. Along the way discover the bloody history of Russia, sample the traditional lifestyle of the Mongolians and sit back and enjoy the changing landscape from your carriage!
See the best of Moscow with a guided tour of the city’s star attractions before jumping on the Trans-Mongolian railway. Our first stop is a gruesome history lesson in Yekaterinburg, the site where the Romanovs were killed and buried. On a brighter note, travel to the border where you can stand with one foot in Asia and the other in Europe. Back on the train we head to Irkutsk where we make the most of the stunning Lake Baikal. Experience the hospitality of the indigenous Buryat people with a traditional dinner and homestay. In Mongolia camp in the endless steppe and observe the nomadic tribe’s people. Explore temples and palaces in Ulaan Baatar before heading to the ‘Middle Kingdom’. Our tour ends in the fascinating city of Beijing.
To make life easier we’ll collect you from the airport on day 1 and take you to your hotel in Moscow. All accommodation is provided in standard hotels, on-board the Trans-Mongolian train and in unique home stays. We also camp in a traditional Mongolian ger and meet a nomadic family.
• 13 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 10 dinners
• Moscow guided walk, airport arrival transfer & departure transfer to Moscow rail station (not platform)
• 2 nights homestay in Yekaterinburg and city tour including Route of the Romanovs & Europe/Asia border tour
• 1 night Ulan Ude homestay and city tour
• 2 nights ger (felt tent) camping at Terelj NP * including a visit to a nomad family. *Please note: Due to extreme weather, clients undertaking a classic adventure during the winter can decide upon arrival, whether to stay in permanent accommodation or a Mongolian ger.
• All transfers and local guide services applicable to itinerary
• 2 nights standard hotel Moscow
• Train journey: Moscow - Beijing (4 berth sleeper cabin)
• 2 nights Listvyanka homestay including banya, 1 night Irkutsk homestay
• 1 night standard hotel Ulaan Baatar
• Yekaterinburg and Lake Baikal - a choice of optional activities (at an additional cost)