The Finch & the Tortoise
from £1410 GBP
Escape to a nature wonderland unlike anywhere else on earth. Our seven-day journey includes five days cruising around the islands on board our expedition boat. From the beach of Las Bachas to the cactus forests of Plaza Sur and Santa Fe where iguanas bask in the sun and sea lions laze on the sandy shores or frolic in the waters. There is a change of colour at rocky cliff tops of Espanola where we meet many of the abundant bird species ranging from mockingbirds and hawks to the ubiquitous boobies and the majestic waved albatrosses. The symphony of nature played out here showcases what makes the Galapagos such a special place.
Day 1 Quito
Day 2 Baltra - Las Bachas
Day 3 Plaza Sur - Santa Fe
Day 4 Espanola
Day 5 Floreana
Day 6 Charles Darwin Station - Baltra - Quito
Day 7 Quito
4 nights Cruise boat
2 nights Hotel
• Gecko’s expert English-speaking naturalist guide on board the Gecko’s boat.
• Return flights from Quito to the Galapagos Islands.
• All meals and accommodation onboard the Gecko’s boat. Accommodation in one of just eight well-appointed, air-conditioned, twin share, bunk-bed cabins with private facilities.
• Excursions during the voyage: Santa Cruz Highlands, Bartolome, Sullivan Bay, Rabida, Cerro Dragon, Daphne Island, Santa Fe and San Cristobal Intepretation Centre.
• Visit to the tortoise research and breeding program at the Charles Darwin Research Station.
• Transfer to and from Quito airport on Day 2 and Day 6.