Footsteps of Hilary
from £785 GBP
Price includes GBP £600 tour cost + USD $200 local payment, to be paid locally on day 1 of tour.
This challenging and rugged adventure, with plenty of time for sensible acclimatisation, follows the classic route to the Base Camp of Mt Everest and Kala Patar. Starting from Lukla, this Everest trek takes us through the homeland of the Sherpas, where we enjoy their friendly hospitality and experience arguably the most dramatic mountain views in the world.
3-4 Namche Bazaar
9-11 Lobuche - Gorak Shep - Kala Patar - Base Camp
12-14 Thyangboche - Monjo- Lukla
2 nights Hotels/guesthouses
13 nights Trekking lodge
• Gecko’s expert English-speaking local tour guide and trekking staff.
• 16 day trek along the classic route to Everest Base Camp.
• Return local flights from Kathmandu to Lukla.
• Twin-share lodge accommodation, generally in rooms with sleeping mattresses.
• Porterage on trek.
• Ascent of Kala Patar.
• Acclimatisation days in Namche Bazaar and Dingboche.
• Gecko’s kit bag and first aid kit.