Nepal to Tibet
We begin our Himalayan adventure in the fascinating city of Kathmandu where we explore the local temples and main square. See the ‘Roof of the World’ with a bird’s eye view as a short scenic flight takes us to the fabled city of Lhasa in Tibet. Surrounded by stunning mountain scenery we explore the imposing Potala Palace, witness the debating monks of Sera Monastery, and visit Jokhang Temple, the holiest shrine in Tibet. Heading south we cross many mountain passes and high altitude lakes as we stop at the cities of Gyantse and Shigatse, visiting the commanding city forts and impressive monasteries. Passing Xeger, once the capital of the Tingri region, we make our way to the Everest Base Camp with time to roam around the magnificent surroundings. Reaching the border town of Zangmu we pass through lush forests and amazing views of the Himalayas. Back in Nepal we visit the enchanting town of Bhaktapur, home to beautifully carved palaces and pagodas, before finishing in Kathmandu.
All relevant transfers and transportation is included in the tour with a flight between Kathmandu and Lhasa as well as airport transfers. Breakfast is included daily along with a dinner at a Nepali cultural evening. During the tour English speaking guides will accompany you on your excursions in Kathmandu, Lhasa, the Kathmandu Valley and Mount Everest Base Camp.
• 12 breakfasts
• 11 nights - basic 3 star hotels, 1 night permanent tented campsite
• One way economy flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa
• All entrance fees to included sites
• English speaking local guides
• 1 dinner at a Nepali cultural evening
• Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 13
• Tibet visa assistance (excludes cost)
• Touring of Kathmandu, Kathmandu Valley & Lhasa, Friendship Highway and Everest Base Camp.
• All relevant transfers and transportation by private bus / landcruiser.
accommodation, airport pickup