Spanning the continents of both Asia and Europe, Istanbul is a treasure trove of churches, mosques, palaces and museums and where our journey begins. Pay your respects at the WWI battlefields of Gallipoli whilst touring the beautifully kept memorials. Inspiration for ancient Greece’s most famous poet and more recently an attempt at acting by Orlando Bloom, Troy is next on the agenda before heading to Kusadasi to visit the ruins of Ephesus, the best preserved classical city in the eastern Mediterranean. Roll up your trousers and get your feet wet with a trip to the magnificent white calcium terraces and thermal pools of Pamukkale. Cruise the med and get down and dirty with a local mud bath before tubing in Saklikent Gorge. Whirling dervishes, subterranean cities, Ottoman homes and the Grand Bazaar will keep you more than engrossed before we end where we first started, in Turkey’s unique capital.
We use 4* hotels for our Turkey Discovered tour and a fully qualified guide for all sightseeing. We make the most of the country’s vineyards with a wine tasting trip and travel in private A/C vehicles.
• 13 breakfasts and 8 dinners
• Airport arrival and departure transfers on day 1 and day 14
• Koycegiz lake cruise and mud baths
• Saklikent Gorge - canyon walk and tubing (optional)
• Escorted by an English speaking, degree qualified Turkish tour guide
• 12 nights 4 star hotels and special class hotels, 1 night Otoman Mansion home - Safranbolu
• Guided sightseeing - Istanbul, Gallipoli, Troy, Ruins of Ephesus, Pergamum, Sirince, Pamukkale, Hierapolis, Koycegiz, Kayakoy, Marmaris, Antalya, Konya, Cappadocia and Safranbolu
• Wine tasting in Sirince
• Ferry crossing of the Dardenelles
• All relevant transfers and transportation in private, modern air-conditioned vehicles
accommodation, airport pickup