Route of the Romanovs
Explore the bloody history of the city of Tsars with a tour around St. Petersburg, visiting the Hermitage and the site where Tsar Alexander II was murdered. Enjoy free time to see the city your own way or opt for a more in-depth day tour before heading south to the country’s capital. Experience the legendary underground Metro system that will deliver us to the Red Square, tour the Kremlin - Russia’s very own powerhouse – and visit the most iconic building in Russia – St. Basil’s Cathedral and its colourful onion-shaped domes. Get a taste of the famous Trans-Siberian railway with an overnight train journey to Yekaterinburg where the Romanov family was executed in 1918. It’s not all doom and gloom though, as you get the chance to span two continents with one foot in Europe and the other in Asia at the border mark. Later, enjoy the great outdoors with exciting optional activities ranging from rafting and hiking, to dog-sledding and ice-fishing in the winter months.
To make your trip easier, we’ll pick you up from the airport in St. Petersburg and take you to the airport in Yekaterinburg for your onward flight. So that you get the most out of these historic places, you’ll have the services of a full qualified English speaking tour leader for sightseeing in St. Pete’s and Moscow and specialist guides in Yekaterinburg.
• 8 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner
• 2 overnight trains St Petersburg - Moscow (open sleeper cabin) and Trans-Siberian Moscow - Yekaterinburg (4-berth sleeper cabin). Both including bed linen.
• Guided sightseeing - St Petersburg city tour, Hermitage at Winter Palace, Moscow city and Kremlin, Yekaterinburg ‘Route of the Romanovs’ tour.
• Escorted by an English speaking Russian tour leader (days 1 - 6)
• All relevant transfers and transportation on tour
• 7 nights 3 star hotels
• Airport arrival transfer on day 1 and departure transfer on day 10
• Moscow Metro travel card - 6 journeys
• Specialist Russian guides at local sights including Yekaterinburg
• Note: In Russia on the go use 3 star accommodation as classified by the Russian Ministry of Tourism. However, please be aware that the 3 star standards throughout Russia vary greatly and cannot be compared to hotels of a similar standard in Western Europe or, and in particular, the United States.
accommodation, airport pickup