Marrakech Sahara and Surf - 11 Days
This magical adventure begins in Marrakech from where we journey into the striking Dades Valley. Explore the imposing Dades Gorge and the rugged Todra Gorge before making our way to the vast Erg Chebbi sand dunes and continue by camel into the mighty Sahara Desert. Enjoy the hospitality and traditional food of the Berber people with an overnight stay in a Berber camp. Sleep under the stars and experience the deep silence of the Sahara. Leaving the desert, travel through the beautiful, verdant landscape of the Draa Valley en route to Ouarzazate, once an important trading post and a popular film set location. Have your very own Alexander the Great moment! Following the former caravan route between the Sahara and Marrakech we reach the fortified city of Ait Benhaddou. Enjoy the views of the Ouarzazate River and explore the fabulous Kasbahs. Back in Marrakech we’ll encounter the irresistible sights and aromas of the Djemaa el Fna, an extraordinary gathering and market place, where the Koutoubia mosque stands tall and proud on the skyline. Make sure you pick up some great souvenirs in the colourful bazaars. Next we head to the Atlantic coast for a few days R&R in the relaxed town of Essaouira. Walk along the broad beaches, swim in the sea, explore the medina or relax in a hammam – the choice is yours.
• Transportation and transfers in private 4x4 or minivan/touring vehicle. Journey to/from Essaouira on a Supratours public bus.
• 10 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners including Berber camp dinner
• Arrival transfer from Marrakech airport on day 1
• Sahara camel trek & night in a Berber camp.
• Essaouira - beachside bliss and free time
• All road taxes and tolls
• Entrance fees to all included sites
• 9 nights 2-3 star hotel and 1 night camping in the Sahara
• Todra gorge walk
• Guided tour of Marrakech
• Escorted by an English speaking tour leader
accommodation, airport pickup