Passage to India
Prepare for an assault on the senses as we begin in the bustling capital of Delhi. Visit the impressive Red Fort, Jama Masjid – India’s oldest and largest mosque, and Raj Ghat – the site of Gandhi’s cremation. No trip would be complete without seeing the ultimate dedication to love, the incredible Taj Mahal. Explore the ghostly abandoned city of Fatehpur Sikri on the way to the Pink City of Jaipur. Marvel at the stunning architecture of the Amber Fort and City Palace. Experience India’s desert life in the Shekhawati region and the 14th century desert town of Bikaner. In the medieval caravan outpost of Jaisalmer we’ll enjoy a camel safari amongst the rolling sand dunes before heading to Jodhpur, also known as the Blue City for its indigo painted houses. Take in the breathtaking views from the Meherangarh Fort or lose yourself in the colourful bazaars. See the Jain temples of Ranakpur and for any James Bond buffs, get a little star struck in Udaipur, whose romantic floating palace on Lake Pichola was used in the Octopussy film. Our tour ends back in Delhi or for those who wish to head south, why not opt to end in dynamic Mumbai?
Experience the best of the local sights with an elephant ride to the Amber Fort, a horse-drawn cart ride to the Taj Mahal, a camel safari through the desert and a boat cruise on Lake Pichola. We stay in 3-4* hotels with some nights spent in heritage hotels where you can sample traditional architecture.
• 14 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners (including Namaste Dinner in Delhi)
• Elephant ride to Amber Fort - Jaipur (*Subject to Government regulations and availability)
• Camel sand dune safari - Jaisalmer
• Economy class flight - Udaipur - Delhi
• All relevant transfers and transportation
• Touring of Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Alsisar, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Jodhur and Udaipur
• Specialist local guides at some sights
• 14 nights - 3-4 star and heritage hotels (hotel upgrade available in Delhi)
• Horse and cart/buggy ride to Taj Mahal - Agra
• Boat cruise on Lake Pichola - Udaipur
• Taj Mahal, Jaipur City Palace and Jantar Mantar entrance fees.
• Airport arrival and departure transfers on day 1 and day 15
• English speaking Indian tour leader for groups of 6 or more
accommodation, airport pickup