We begin in the exciting city of Istanbul, full of up-and-coming bars, restaurants and art galleries, and the much-loved institutions of local taverns and tranquil tea gardens. Find out what brings people here in their droves with a tour of the stunning Blue Mosque, the opulent Topkapi Palace and the famous Hagia Sofia, and a relaxing afternoon spent on a Bosphorus River cruise. Head to the WWI battlefields of Gallipoli and the evocative war memorials of ANZAC Cove. Enjoy an ANZAC Eve Turkish BBQ before taking your place amongst the many visitors at the dawn service site for the atmosphere-charged ANZAC Eve vigil. First light heralds a poignant bugle call and commencement of the dawn service with free time to further explore Gallipoli. After an emotional day, travel back to Istanbul where you might want to test your haggling skills and stock up on souvenirs in the Grand Bazaar.
• 3 breakfasts PLUS our ANZAC afternoon Turkish BBQ
• Airport arrival transfer on day 1 from Ataturk International Airport at any time of day or from Sabiha Gokcen Airport at 2.30pm and 8pm.
• Afternoon Bosphorus cruise – Istanbul
• English speaking, degree qualified Turkish tour guide
• All relevant transfers and transportation
• 3 nights 4 star and Special Class hotels
• Guided sightseeing of Istanbul including the Blue Mosque, Underground Cistern, Topkapi Palace, Hippodrome and Hagia Sofia (exterior only).
• Guided sightseeing of Gallipoli, war cemeteries and battlefields (subject to site opening times set by the Anzac Day Organising Committee).
• Modern air-conditioned touring coach
• Commemorative ANZAC hoodie / jumper