Backroads of Botswana
Backroads of Botswana
Duration: from 10 Days
Countries: Botswana, South Africa, ZimbabweBotswana is a name synonymous with wildlife and pristine wilderness. Travelling though its back blocks, we experience the spectacular beauty of the Okavango Delta, the wildlife wonderland of Chobe National Park and the magestic power of Victoria Falls.
Price Includes GB £815 tour price and US$300 local payment that is to be paid locally on day 1 of this Gecko's tour.
Combine the fantastic wildlife of Chobe National Park with the stunning scenery of Okavango Delta and Victoria Falls to make this one of the best trips on offer. We travel from Pretoria to Khama Rhino Sanctuary, where we experience our first taste of the African wildlife. There is a chance to learn more about this community based conservation effort through local guides, as well as enjoy an optional night drive which may well be the highlight of your visit. Travelling along the back roads of Botswana we arrive at Okavango Delta, where we explore the most spectacular floodplain in the world using traditional mokoros (dug-out canoes) and on foot. The birdlife is prolific and the sunsets are simply spectacular. Travelling past Makgadikgadi Pan we continue to Chobe National Park and spending a day game viewing in open four-wheel drive vehicles and on boats. We watch large herds of elephant play in the river, hippo relaxing at the water's edge, antelope frolicking through the grasslands and, with a bit of luck, lions keeping watch over their territory. To top it all off we finish in Victoria Falls, the adrenalin-filled centre of Africa, where there are a myriad of optional activities available for everyone.
2 Khama Rhino Sanctuary
3 Khama Rhino Sanctuary - Maun
4-6 Okavango Delta - Maun
7-8 Chobe National Park
9-10 Victoria Falls
• Gecko’s experienced English-speaking local safari leader, professional driver, and camp cook who will prepare all included meals.
• Gecko’s specialist English-speaking guide in Chobe National Park.
• Transport in a custom-built safari vehicle with large opening windows for unrestricted game viewing (maximum of just 24 clients).
• 7 nights camping in large dome tents, with mosquito netting and a foam mattress provided. Camp sites include: inside Khama Rhino Sanctuary; on the banks of the Chobe River; and in Victoria Falls Township.
• 1 night in a tented bush camp in Chobe National Park.
• 1 day in Chobe National Park, 3 days in the Okavango Delta and half a day at Khama Rhino Sanctuary (including all park entrance fees, where applicable).
• Open 4WD vehicle game drives in Chobe National Park.
• 3 day excursion on the Okavango Delta by mokoro (dugout canoe) and on foot, guided by an expert poler from the Okavango Polers Trust.
• Rhino Trail lead by rangers based at the sanctuary.
7 nights Camping
1 night Tented bush camp
1 night Lodge