Orphan Community Care Project
Malawi is fondly known as the 'Warm Heart Of Africa' and for good reason - it is home to some of the friendliest people on the continent! The country is in a desperate situation however - 65% of the population lives below the poverty line and at least a third of families are stuggling to feed themselves. Almost half of all children under five are stunted and many are underweight and malnourished. Most alarmingly, well over half a million children have been orphaned by HIV/Aids, which means every Malawian village community has around a hundred of these orphaned and vulnerable children to support.
The impact of this project work is massive and so so important. Your participation will enable these children to get a better start in life, which will ultimately determine Malawi's future.
What to expect:
- A warm and genuine welcome and some unforgettable memories
- Lots of local dancing, local foods and a crash course in Chichewa
- Make lifelong friends - Quest trips are team based and full of lovely, like-minded people!
- With no electricity, no running water - expect an experience far removed from what you know - Challenge yourself, learn new skills and appreciate what you have.
What will you do?
- Construct Feeding Centres and Educational Facilities that strengthens community care for its vulnerable children
- Visit existing Feeding Centres, play with the children an help the local 'mama's' to feed them
- Help develop and improve living conditions for a sustainable future
- Get active in the community with the local Youth groups
- Relax at the end of the project with a few days at the beautiful Lake Malawi or take a boat safari past hippos and elephants in Liwonde National Par
- Accommodation (safe, clean and basic)
- Food - 3 hearty meals a day
- All activities
- In-country travel
- Airport transfers
- Quest leader/s with the team for the duration to help you get the most out of it - not 'in-country managers' 6hours away!
- Community development work in rural African village
- Construction work
- Home stays
- Work with children and local Youth Groups
- Traditional dancing
- Trekking on Mount Mulanje
- Lake Malawi, 4x4, boat safari’s in Liwonde National Park
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. Quest Overseas should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.