Volunteer Street Children Programs in Cusco
The Street Children program provides education and day-care services for the children of poor parents who need to work in markets, cemeteries, car washes, mines, etc. This project aims to establish positive mentoring relationships with these neglected children, to encourage them to return to school and to assist them with immediate problems.
The program provides support to successfully reintegrate school enrollment of children in schools and colleges, and the extra tuitions.
This program aims to establish positive mentoring relationships with these neglected children, to encourage them to return to school and to assist them with immediate problems. Volunteers should be willing to get down and dirty working with children out of doors.
Currently, there are approximately 50 children ranging in ages from 6 -15 years in each location. Volunteers help in developing creative programs for art, music, dance, and sports. Being tutors of the kids who attend schools, additional assistance with day trips, sanitation, personal hygiene, cooking, and administrative duties might be requested.
Volunteers have to arrange in advance classroom activities, for the kids and are recommended to bring classroom supplies to grasp the attention of the children. Volunteers in this program work for 4-5 hrs in a day for 5 days in a week.
Volunteers must be 17 years or older at the beginning of the program. Volunteers need to have an open mind and flexible attitude for working in a new and different environment. You do not need formal teaching qualifications or formal teacher training.Volunteers need to have an intermediate level of Spanish to enroll in this program.
The project placements are located in and around the city of Cusco. Most of the volunteer projects are located at a distance of 15-20 minutes from the accommodations and volunteers travel by either bus or taxis upon the distance.
- 24 hrs Assistance and support from VS Staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Airport Pickup
- Travel & Medical Insurance
Volunteers can begin their project placement on any Monday of the month.
How to apply
- Choose your program and country to fill in the simple application form online and you will receive a personalized MyAccount section on the website.
- Pay your $200* refundable application fee online by secure gateway to confirm your spot in the program.
- You will receive a welcome email from us acknowledging your application; we will then send your placement details in 7-10 working days.
- Once you receive your placement details you can log into MyAccount and view your trip details and make your final payments and you are all set to go.
During the above process, you can communicate with us by email or phone for any further support that you may require.
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. Volunteering Solutions should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.