Duration: from 12 Days
Countries: South Africa, ZimbabweHONEY BADGERS ARE HARDCORE. THEIR SKIN IS SO THICK EVEN A MACHETE WON'T CUT IT. AND THEIR JAWS ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO CRUSH A TORTOISE SHELL. THE GUINESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS RECKONS THE HONEY BADGER IS THE MOST FEARLESS CREATURE ON EARTH. GOOGLE 'CRAZY, NASTYASS HONEY BADGER' IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE US.
Zimbabwe is a must-see destination in southern Africa. Offering world-class game reserves, a diversity of landscapes, the beauty of Victoria Falls and a proud mosaic of cultures, this short safari gives you a real feel of the wonders of Zimbabwe. Capping all this off we also cover certain highlights of South Africa, notably Blyde River Canyon, the world's largest green canyon, and the iconic Kruger National Park. Our journey begins on the Zimbabwean side of the Victoria Falls, where a smorgasbord of exciting activities are on offer (such as whitewater rafting or bungy jumping). Take time to experience the magnificence of the actual falls themselves, as the Upper Zambezi River spills over the 1.7km wide chasm. Wildlife-viewing opportunities begin at Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe’s premier game reserve. From there we travel to the Antelope Park where we get to walk with lions in this great private reserve. From wildlife the safari takes an architectural and cultural focus, as we reach the Great Zimbabwe Ruins - the largest sub-Saharan, man-made structural complex and once the centre of a powerful kingdom. Leaving Zimbabwe, South African beckons us with its rejuvenating hot springs and scenic canyon. The wondrous Kruger National Park provides a fitting climax to this brilliant and highlight packed safari.
1 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe)
2-3 Hwange National Park
4-5 Antelope Park
6-7 Great Zimbabwe Ruins - Tshipise Hot Springs
8-9 Kruger National Park
10 Blyde River Canyon
11-12 Pilgrim's Rest - Pretoria/Johannesburg
• Gecko’s experienced English-speaking local safari leader, professional driver, and camp cook who will prepare all included meals.
• Gecko’s specialist English-speaking local guide in Hwange National Park and at the Great Zimbabwe Ruins.
• Transport in a custom-built safari vehicle with large opening windows for unrestricted game viewing (maximum of just 24 clients).
• 11 nights camping in large dome tents, with mosquito netting and a foam mattress provided. Camp sites include: near Hwange National Park; by Tshipse hot springs; in Kruger National Park; and at Graskop, on the edge of a highveld escarpment.
• 2 days in Hwange National Park and 2 days in Kruger National Park (including all park entrance fees, where applicable).
• Game drives in open 4WD vehicles in Hwange National Park.
• Walk with the lions at Antelope Park.
• Sightseeing of the Great Zimbabwe Ruins, Blyde River Canyon and Pilgrim’s Rest.
Custom-built safari vehicle
Open 4WD vehicles
11 nights Camping