Welcome to Mexico City! Explore the city’s attractions before heading out to the ancient ruins of Teotihuacan where the Pyramids of the Sun and Moon could easily rival the pyramids of Giza. The oldest town in Mexico, Puebla, and its spectacular valley location, provides a wonderful break point on our journey to the charming city of Oaxaca. Eat, drink and watch the world go by or shop for traditional handicrafts before heading to the colonial city of San Cristobal. Surrounded by indigenous villages, get a feel for the rural way of life for the modern descendents of the ancient Maya people. More Indiana Jones moments await us at the important Mayan site of Palenque. We finish in Mexico with the famous Chichen Itza and the gorgeous beaches of Cancun. The island of Caye Caulker welcomes us to Belize before we head to the mainland for adventure sports in San Ignacio and Mayan ruins in Tikal. In Guatemala, we soak up the scenery of Rio Dulce before heading to the enchanting colonial town of Antigua where our tour ends.
To truly experience Central America we use buses and boats of the public transport system. Specialist local guides will bring the history of the Mayans to life at the archaeological sites we visit whilst your tour leader – a friendly face and dependable source of information - will be with you from start to finish.
• 20 nights simple hotels, hostels and guesthouses, 1 overnight bus
• Excursions to Teotihuacan ruins, Monte Alban ruins, San Cristobal village tour, Palenque ruins, Chichen Itza ruins, Caye Caulker, Tikal ruins, Livingston
• Specialist local guides at certain sights of interest
• Local transportation - public buses, mini buses and boats.
• Escorted by a tour leader