from £325 GBP
Price includes GBP£325 tour cost + USD$100 local payment, to be paid locally on day 1 of tour.
There are few great archaeological monuments in the world that can match Angkor for its ancient splendour. Founded in the 9th Century AD, Angkor became the country’s capital under King Yasorvarman I. By the 13th Century, Angkor covered a vast area and was one of the largest cities in the world. Our Gecko’s tour gives you two whole days to explore these magnificent temples with a touch of adventure thrown in on the way. We begin in the Cambodian capital, Phnom Penh, where we spend the day exploring this re-emerging city and visiting the sad and sobering ‘killing fields’ of Choeung Ek. We then continue by bus around South East Asia’s largest freshwater lake to the central Cambodian town of Siem Reap, before arriving at the fabled temples of Angkor.
1-2 Phnom Penh
3-5 Siem Reap - Angkor Temples
6 Siem Reap
Total tour cost is GBP £330 for departures up to 31 January 2012
Private aircon bus
5 nights Hotel
• Gecko’s expert English-speaking local tour guide throughout the tour, and professional local site guides at some sites.
• Cyclo sightseeing tour of Phnom Penh including the Royal Palace and Tuol Sleng Prison.
• Visit to the Angkor complex: Angkor Wat, South Gate of Angkor Thom, Bayon, Elephant Terrace, Baphoun, the Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas, Terrace of the Leper King and Ta Prohm.
• Sightseeing (including entrance fees where relevant): Phnom Penh - the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek and the Russian Market; and Tônlé Sap Lake - South East Asia’s largest freshwater lake.
• Free time to explore Siem Reap and Phnom Penh.