from £1850 GBP
Price Includes GBP £320 tour cost + USD $550 local payment, to be paid locally on day 1 of tour.
This trip really does offer the adventure traveller the very best of Peru. We experience the diverse nature of this ancient land from high Andean passes and dense Amazonian rain forests to the great, dry coastal deserts along the western seaboard. Add to this spectacular mountain scenery and the rich Spanish, Inca and Quechuan cultures and we are in for the holiday of a lifetime. Our holiday also includes the Ballestas Islands, Colca Canyon, the mighty Amazon jungle and the four-day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu - all highlights of a holiday to Peru.
Day 1-2 Lima
Day 3-4 Ballestas Islands - Nazca
Day 5 Arequipa
Day 6-7 Colca Canyon
Day 8-10 Puno - Lake Titicaca
Day 11-12 Puno - Cusco
Day 13-16 Inca Trail Trek
Day 17 Cusco
Day 18-19 Amazon Jungle
Day 20 Lima
3 nights Full service camping
1 night Overnight bus
1 night Island homestay
2 nights Amazon jungle lodge
12 nights Tourist class hotel
• Gecko’s expert English-speaking local tour guide throughout the tour, a specialist trekking guide, assistant trekking guide and local site guides at some sites.
• Local flights from Cusco to Puerto Maldonado and Puerto Maldonado to Lima.
• Trek on the ‘Classic’ or ‘Lares’ routes to Machu Picchu with full service camping including porters, cook and equipment (tent and inflatable sleeping mat).
• Guided tour of Machu Picchu including entrance and park fees.
• Boat trip on the Tambopata River to/from Amazon jungle lodge.
• Two nights in the Amazon including jungle activities with a local native guide, a visit to a parakeet clay-lick, a traditional boat excursion and a visit to the indigenous Indian farmlands.
• Boat excursion to the Ballestas Islands.
• Excursion to Colca Canyon staying overnight at a hotel inside the canyon.
• A boat ride to the floating reed islands on Lake Titicaca.
• A homestay on Amantani Island including meals with host family and an exploration of the island.
• Cusco walking tour.
• Transfers to/from hotels to bus stations/ports in Lima, Pisco, Arequipa and Tazi Puno.