from £1700 GBP
Price includes GBP £1545 + USD $550 local payment, to be paid locally on day 1 of tour.
This all-encompassing adventure takes us from Hong Kong to Beijing and then down to Shanghai, passing through some of the most amazing scenery in China. We experience cycling in Yangshuo, cruising up the fabled Yangtze River, viewing the world’s largest Buddha in Leshan and visiting giant pandas in Chengdu. If that’s not enough, we also climb the Great Wall, see the remarkable Terracotta Warriors standing in full military guard and explore China’s most progressive city, Shanghai. This trip has the lot!
1-2 Hong Kong
6-9 Yangtze River Cruise
10-12 Chengdu - Giant Pandas - Giant Buddha
13-14 Xian - Terracotta Warriors
15-17 Beijing - Great Wall
22-24 Yellow Mountain
2 nights Cruise boat
4 nights Guesthouse
13 nights Budget/tourist class hotels
5 nights Sleeper train
• Gecko’s expert English-speaking Chinese tour guide throughout the tour and local site guides at some sites.
• Two-night Yangtze River cruise through the Three Gorges. Accommodation in a twin-share cabin, with private facilities, on a tourist-class riverboat.
• Two days exploring Yangshuo on bicycle and by foot including Moon Hill and stops at local villages.
• Sightseeing (including entrance fees where applicable): Giant Buddha (Dafo), Terracotta Warriors, Beijing, Suzhou, Shanghai, Hangzhou and Yellow Mountain.
• Visit to Chengdu’s Giant Panda Breeding Research Base.
• Walk on a remote section of the Great Wall at Simatai.
• Free time to explore Hong Kong, Chongqing, Yangshuo, Xian, Beijing, Shanghai and Hangzhou.
• Hydrofoil from Hong Kong to Guangzhou.
• Overnight trains from Guangzhou to Guilin, Guilin to Wuhan, Chengdu to Xian, Xian to Beijing, and Beijing to Suzhou. Accommodation in six-berth, air-conditioned cabins.
• Train from Suzhou to Shanghai and Shanghai to Hangzhou.