Kyrgyzstan and China Overland
from £1475 GBP
Kyrgyzstan and China Overland
Duration: from 40 Days
Countries: China, Kyrgyzstan25% off our August 2012 departure! Join our Exploratory Ultimate Expedition from Bishkek to Beijing and venture off the tourist trail through Kyrgyzstan and China. This groundbreaking & challenging trip travels along ancient trading routes along the Silk Road in our custom built expedition truck.
Call: 0845 344 7546
Join our Exploratory Ultimate Expedition from Bishkek to Beijing and venture off the tourist trail through Kyrgyzstan and China. This groundbreaking & challenging trip travels along ancient trading routes along the Silk Road. Discover stunning scenery and some of the oldest cities in the world steeped in history and legend from Lake IssyKul to Xi'an and its Terracotta Warriors.
In 2012 the trip will be filmed by a professional crew, NHK, for a TV Documentary (travelling in a separate vehicle) and you might even appear on Japanese TV!
Starts in Bishkek on 10th August 2012
Bookings forms for the 2012 trip must be made by 12th or 17th July in order to submit visa application forms in time. (Visa applications submitted between 13th and 18th July are subject to a higher ‘express’ fee). Please call or email us if you have any questions.
Please note that our itineraries are not set in stone and can be subject to change.
Days 1 to 8
• Lake Issyk-Kul - a massive mountain lake with magnificent scenery & loads of activities to choose from.
• Karakol - hiking, horseback & mountain biking trips into the surrounding Terskay Ala-Too Mountains.
• Ala-Archa Nature Reserve - an option to go trekking & skiing, with spectacular scenery.
• Naryn - an ideal base to organise trips out to the stunning Lake Song Kol.
• Torugat Pass - travel through the Tien Shan Mountains & cross the border into China.
Days 9 to 18
• Kashgar - we aim to be here for the renowned Sunday market.
• Taklamakan Desert - 272,000 sq km of slowly moving sand.
• Korla - department stores, shopping malls and a nightclub scene that bathes in neon after sunset!
• Bosten Lake -boat trips & water-skiing.
• Turpan - visit nearby ruins of Goachang City or the Thousand Buddha Caves.
Days 19 to 31
• Gobi Desert - one of the hottest places on earth.
• Dunhuang - the famous Mogao Grottoes & the Crescent Moon Pool.
• Jiayuguan - our first taste of the Great Wall of China
• Lanzhou - the White Pagoda Temple Park overlooks the city and the Yellow River.
• Xiahe - Labrang Buddhist Monastery.
• Huanglong National Park - savour some of the spectacular scenery and hiking trails.
Days 32 to 40
• Chengdu - visit the nearby Giant Panda Breeding Centre.
• Xi'an - visit the famous Terracotta Warriors.
• Overnight train to the capital.
• Beijing - a one day city tour included; stay a few extra days to take in all the sights including the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City & the Temple of Heaven.
Visit our website for a detailed itinerary and full details of costs.
Always wanted to travel to Africa, Egypt, South America or the Middle East, to places as yet untrampled by travellers and without the routine and expense of a package holiday? Oasis Overland offers unforgettable hands-on adventure travel experiences … once-in-a-lifetime overland tours to some of the World’s most fascinating cultural landscapes.