Kicking off in Istanbul we head to Turkey’s capital to brush up on our ancient civilisation knowledge at the excellent museum in Ankara. Discover the troglodyte villages, subterranean churches and fortresses of Cappadocia with a tour of the lunar landscape and ‘fairy chimneys’. Heading south along an ancient Silk Road we reach the birth place of the whirling dervishes in Konya and continue to the Mediterranean coast for a visit to the Roman ruins of Antalya. Have your breath taken away with the spectacular beauty of Saklikent Gorge and a dip in the icy cold waters. Enjoy some R&R in the seaside town of Fethiye before heading to the unique cascades of natural mineral pools in Pamukkale. Take a dip in the therapeutic hot springs and walk along the white calcium terraces. Explore the brilliantly preserved Roman city of Ephesus, packed full of ancient monuments and all things Roman. Pay your respects at the WWI battlefields of Gallipoli and the evocative war memorials of ANZAC Cove. Enjoy an ANZAC Eve Turkish BBQ before taking your place amongst the many visitors at the dawn service site for the atmosphere-charged ANZAC Eve vigil. First light heralds a poignant bugle call and commencement of the dawn service with free time to further explore Gallipoli. After an emotional day, travel back to Istanbul and find out what brings people here in their droves with a tour of the stunning Blue Mosque, the opulent Topkapi Palace and the famous Hagia Sofia, and a relaxing afternoon spent on a Bosphorus River cruise.
• 12 breakfasts, 1 lunch (our ANZAC afternoon Turkish BBQ) and 7 dinners
• Airport arrival transfer on day 1 from Ataturk International Airport at any time of day or from Sabiha Gokcen Airport at 2.30pm and 8pm.
• Morning Bosphorus cruise – Istanbul
• Modern air-conditioned touring coach
• Commemorative ANZAC hoodie/jumper
• 12 nights - 4 star and Special Class hotels
• Guided sightseeing - Istanbul, Cappadocia - Ancient Civilisations Museum, Roman Perge and Aspendos, Pamukkale/Hierapolis, Roman ruins of Ephesus and Pergamum, Troy (if open) and Gallipoli (subject to site opening times set by the Anzac Day Organising Committee).
• English speaking, degree qualified Turkish tour guide
• All relevant transfers and transportation