Made In China
from £1100 GBP
Price Includes GBP £1095 tour cost + USD $400 local payment, to be paid locally on day 1 of tour.
This journey, from Hong Kong to Beijing, showcases some of the most impressive sites in China. You will see huge changes in the country’s landscape, as we head north towards the capital Beijing. From stunning harbours and limestone karsts, to majestic rivers and lush paddy fields, this adventure offers one breathtaking scene after another. Along the way we come across different ethnic groups of people and a wide variety of different food. From Cantonese style cooking in Hong Kong to spicy Sichuan sauces and the ever-popular Peking Duck in Beijing, your tastebuds will be crying out for more. This trip has all the ingredients for a fantastic holiday.
1-2 Hong Kong
6-9 Yangtze River Cruise
10-12 Chengdu - Giant Buddha
13-14 Xian - Terracotta Warriors
15-17 Beijing - Great Wall
2 nights Cruise boat
2 nights Guesthouse
4 nights Sleeper train
8 nights Hotel
• Gecko’s expert English-speaking Chinese tour guide throughout the tour, and local site guides at some sites.
• 2-night Yangtze River cruise through the Three Gorges. Accommodation in a twin-share cabin, with private facilities, on a tourist-class riverboat.
• Two days exploring Yangshuo on bicycle and by foot including Moon Hill and stops at local villages.
• Sightseeing (including entrance fees where applicable): Giant Buddha (Dafo), Terracotta Warriors and Beijing.
• Visit to Chengdu’s Giant Panda Breeding Research Base.
• Walk on a remote section of the Great Wall at Simatai.
• Free time to explore Hong Kong, Chongqing, Yangshuo, Xian and Beijing.
• Hydrofoil from Hong Kong to Guangzhou (Canton).
• Overnight trains from Guangzhou to Guilin, Guilin to Wuhan, Chengdu to Xian and Xian to Beijing. Accommodation in six-berth, air-conditioned cabins.