Care for Children at a Day Care Centre in Mendoza
from £1595 GBP
to £3195 GBP
Help children at this delightful non-profit Day Care Centre for children, in the charming urban location of Mendoza. The centre provides meals for the children and a place for them to learn and play. You don’t need any previous experience to be able to help make a big difference on this project. Help with feeding, playing and learning at this very worthwhile centre.
The centre is open all year round and all week long - don’t worry though you will have days off for sightseeing and relaxing! You can work anything from 3 days plus, as you choose.
Working hours are 8:30am-5pm and you choose your working hours depending on which areas you prefer to help with, for example, giving breakfast or lunch or teaching and playing with the children in the afternoon.
You will be involved in helping the children learn English with ten 2 hour lessons a week spread out between the volunteers. You can also get involved in teaching other subjects such as Maths, Music, Science, Geography, Art, Drama and Sports – as you wish. Please be aware that there are no sporting facilities however as this is a poor institution but any sports or games that do not require expensive equipment would be very much appreciated by all!
What work you will be involved in:
- Preparing food for the children
- Helping the children eat
- Nursing and caring for the children
- Occasionally taking the children to the hospital for immunization, treatment etc.
- Teaching English, and other general subject to the children
- Career counselling and counselling
- Peer group counselling
- Organizing and facilitating games and plays for the children
- Educating the children about personal and environmental hygiene
- Helping the Home to Develop and manage a kitchen garden
- ...and anything else you think you can bring to this worthy institute
It’s a good idea to bring any equipment with you that you think you might like to use, as the institute is extremely basic in terms of facilities.What you'll gain from doing this Project:
- An exciting, never-to-be-forgotten adventure into Australian culture.
- You'll learn a lot from experts in your field about how they work in a cultural environment that's different to what you're used to.
- New skills, more confidence, a greater understanding of a different culture, invaluable personal and professional development.
- An entry on your CV or résumé that will put you head and shoulders above most others in the job market
- And best of all ... an unforgettable experience!
Accommodation will be arranged for you with a local host family, allowing you to have a better insight into Argentina and become integrated into life in the region of Mendoza. You will be provided breakfast and for dinner you will usually share a typical Argentinean meal with your family. Facilities in host families do vary but you will have the opportunity to express your preferences regarding the type of family that you stay with (for example, a family with/without children, pets etc.).What to do next
Talk to us - We're there to help you. Most of our team are ex Travellers volunteers and are ideally qualified to offer advice and guidance because they know what you're looking for. They'll help you find your perfect project - and then make it all happen!
If you’d like to apply for this project. Visit our website and complete the application form. As soon as we receive it, we’ll liaise with you and then start making your travel adventure happen.
It’s as easy as that.
You may extend this project week by week at an additional cost should you wish to.
Your food, accommodation, airport collection and excellent 24/7 support are all included in the cost. Extra costs you need to budget for are your international flights, insurance, any visas required and weekend travel/beer spending money!
Included in the price: Accommodation, Food (excluding lunch), Meeting you at the Airport, Transfer to your accommodation, Transport to and from your project, Full pre-departure support, Local in-country team support and backup, 24-hr emergency support and 2 free T-shirts.
This placement would suit:
Anyone looking for a real experience of Argentina whilst also making a difference! Minimum age 18, no qualifications necessary just a love of children and plenty of enthusiasm!
Do you accept non UK citizens?
Do you accept applicants with disabilities?
accommodation, food, airport pickup
YOUR ADVENTURE STARTS HERE! Help children, animals and conservation around the world. Gain valuable work experience and new skills. All ages & nationalities welcome. EXPLORE a new culture from the inside on worthwhile, well-structured projects.
FLEXIBLE: From two weeks to one year - you choose your dates and duration.