Volunteer With Dolphins Near Perth
from £1745 GBP
to £2345 GBP
Get up close and personal with dolphins on a paradise island setting in Western Australia, how good is that!
This fascinating and very worthwhile project give you high levels of personal satisfaction and you'll contribute to the well-being of dolphins, in one of the most beautiful parts of Australia! The sheer size, amazing natural wealth, awesome scenery and huge variety of plant and animal life make Australia an essential destination for anyone with a passion for nature and wildlife.
Being a volunteer at the Centre can be a wonderful experience, you meet people from all around the world, not to mention the dolphins! However, your time as a volunteer will involve a lot more than being in the water with the dolphins. Talking and answering questions is a very important part of your role. Eighty percent of your day will involve talking to people who come down to the beach to see the dolphins, thus educating them about their characteristics and making them aware of how crucial it is to conserve these wonderful animals.
Here are some of the tasks you may be involved with:
- Talking to visitors on the beach - explaining what the Dolphin Centre does.
- Assisting to coordinate the Interaction Zone when dolphins visit.
- Managing the front entrance and Dolphin Room area.
- Participating in ’’Coastcare” activities and assist with current research projects.
- Assisting with the research program, recording observations in the bay and monitoring dolphin visits to the zone.
- Inputting the research data into databases for analysis
- General maintenance and cleaning.
- Tour guiding through the Interpretive Centre for the general public, tour groups and school students.
- An exciting, never-to-be-forgotten adventure into Australian culture.
- You'll learn a lot from experts in your field about how they work in a cultural environment that's different to what you're used to.
- New skills, more confidence, a greater understanding of a different culture, invaluable personal and professional development.
- An entry on your CV or résumé that will put you head and shoulders above most others in the job market
- And best of all ... an unforgettable experience!
You'll stay in a dorm room with access to many facilities in the Backpackers. There is a kitchen where you can cook and an excellent BBQ and outdoor area that is very popular. Other facilities that you'll have free use of include a pool table, table tennis, board games, sporting equipment and off-street parking. you'll also be given a unique Visitor's Guide and you'll have free access to tea and coffee.What to do next
Talk to us - We're there to help you. Most of our team are ex Travellers volunteers and are ideally qualified to offer advice and guidance because they know what you're looking for. They'll help you find your perfect project - and then make it all happen!
If you’d like to apply for this project. Visit our website and complete the application form. As soon as we receive it, we’ll liaise with you and then start making your travel adventure happen.
It’s as easy as that.
From 6 weeks to 12 weeks, subject to visa restrictions.
Extra weeks for a minimal charge per additional week.
FREE WEEKEND IN PERTH DURING YOUR PLACEMENT!
This placement would suit:
No qualifications or experience required, but you must be adaptable, enthusiastic, fit and healthy, and have lots of initiative. You should also be fluent in English and enjoy talking to people. All projects are open to all nationalities. You need to be aged between 18 and 7
Do you accept non UK citizens?
Do you accept applicants with disabilities?
accommodation, airport pickup
YOUR ADVENTURE STARTS HERE! Help children, animals and conservation around the world. Gain valuable work experience and new skills. All ages & nationalities welcome. EXPLORE a new culture from the inside on worthwhile, well-structured projects.
FLEXIBLE: From two weeks to one year - you choose your dates and duration.