Chimpanzee Sanctuary and Orphanage in Zambia
from £1295 GBP
to £3295 GBP
This project has over 100 chimpanzees and other animals that you will live in close contact with. They also have bush babies, monkeys and squirrels. Witness incredible animal relationships in close knit chimpanzee family structure, and be part of the day-to-day care of the orphanage inhabitants.
Although chimpanzee rehabilitation is the primary focus of the orphanage, other animals benefit from the care and attention received at the orphanage as well. Antelopes, baboons, monkeys, tortoises, squirrels, bush babies, dogs and birds have all been nursed back to health at the orphanage, including the biggest resident of all - Billy the hippo.
To give you an idea of what you can get involved in:
- Prepare chimpanzee and monkey/ baboon food for daily feedings
- Assist with feedings
- Prepare African Grey parrot food
- Clean food buckets and boxes; return to food shed
- Wash down food shed; clean and sort produce
- Walk fence line around enclosures to check for overhanging branches, grass, weeds that might stop the electrical fence from working
- Clean and fill water for geese and chickens
- Clean out plastic bottles used for the feeding of milk to chimpanzees
- Pick Lemons for chimpanzees from trees
- Sweep and clean visitor areas
- Assist orphanage manager in other duties
- An exciting, never-to-be-forgotten adventure into Australian culture.
- You'll learn a lot from experts in your field about how they work in a cultural environment that's different to what you're used to.
- New skills, more confidence, a greater understanding of a different culture, invaluable personal and professional development.
- An entry on your CV or résumé that will put you head and shoulders above most others in the job market
- And best of all ... an unforgettable experience!
While at your project you will be provided with on-site dormitory style accommodation. This includes bed and bedding, toilets, showers & washing facilities, and very basic cooking facilities. The Education Centre located next to the accommodation is equipped with a power source (UK plugs) and charging of electrical equipment is possible during the day.What to do next
Talk to us - We're there to help you. Most of our team are ex Travellers volunteers and are ideally qualified to offer advice and guidance because they know what you're looking for. They'll help you find your perfect project - and then make it all happen!
If you’d like to apply for this project. Visit our website and complete the application form. As soon as we receive it, we’ll liaise with you and then start making your travel adventure happen.
It’s as easy as that.
This project can be extended for up to a year, subject to visa requirements.
THis project can be extended for a minimal cost per extra week.
This placement would suit:
Anyone wishing to be part of the day to day care of these magnificent animals! This project has over 100 chimpanzees and other animals that you will live in close contact with. They also have bush babies, monkeys and squirrels. Witness incredible animal relationships in close knit chimpanzee family structure!
Do you accept non UK citizens?
Do you accept applicants with disabilities?
accommodation, food, airport pickup
YOUR ADVENTURE STARTS HERE! Help children, animals and conservation around the world. Gain valuable work experience and new skills. All ages & nationalities welcome. EXPLORE a new culture from the inside on worthwhile, well-structured projects.
FLEXIBLE: From two weeks to one year - you choose your dates and duration.