Coach Baseball In Exciting Auckland!
from £1295 GBP
to £2295 GBP
Baseball in New Zealand is up and coming and attracting a lot of junior players who need coaches and role models. You'll also assist in a school in Auckland where the children will benefit greatly from your assistance in the bustling classrooms!
This project gives you a diverse experience in that your activities will take place in two locations and you'll coach other sports as well:
- You'll spend some of your afternoons and evenings coaching and/or training at a Baseball Club in Auckland and there may also be games at the weekends.
- During the day you will assist with sports sessions at a school in one of Auckland's suburbs. You'll assist with a variety of sports depending on the season with children from communities including Maori, the South Pacific islands and children from many other countries.
You'll also assist in the classroom and with school activities. Help is very much needed at this busy school so your time will be very appreciated by both students and teachers!
You'll probably work with a variety of ages at the club and during the weekend you will have an opportunity to compete yourself and test your abilities against the Kiwis! The club we work with has a very lively social scene and you will be welcomed with open arms.What you'll gain from this placement
- An exciting, never-to-be-forgotten adventure into the real New Zealand.
- You'll learn a lot from experts in your field about how they work in a cultural environment that's different to what you're used to.
- New skills, more confidence, a greater understanding of a different culture, invaluable personal and professional development.
- An entry on your CV or Résumé that will put you head and shoulders above most others in the job market
- And best of all ... an unforgettable experience!
Our accommodation is located in the city centre of Auckland. Therefore you are very central, close to the main train station and shopping district. You'll live in a centrally located lodge that is friendly and relaxing, making it ideal for long-term stays. You may have your own room or you may share a room with other volunteers. There is an excellent kitchen and storage area for cooking meals and plenty of space to relax.What to do next
Talk to us - We're there to help you. Most of our team are ex Travellers volunteers and are ideally qualified to offer advice and guidance because they know what you're looking for. They'll help you find your perfect project - and then make it all happen!
If you’d like to apply for this project. Visit our website and complete the application form. As soon as we receive it, we’ll liaise with you and then start making your travel adventure happen.
It’s as easy as that.
Extending This placement can be extended for any length of time (many of our volunteers do!), subject to availability and any visa restrictions that may apply.
Costs vary depending on how long you want to stay for. Prices include food and accommodation, 24/7 support and backup before you go and throughout your placement, as well as meeting you at the nearest airport. When you’re on your placement, if you’d like to extend your time, you can do so at a minimal cost per additional week.
All the time
This placement would suit:
Adventurous people with initiative who want to combine their love of baseball and general sport with some teaching classes to help refugee children integrate into their new culture. You’ll also be able to play your sport at a local club.
Do you accept non UK citizens?
Do you accept applicants with disabilities?
“Baseball is still internationally unrecognized outside the US compared to other sports like soccer. I thought this would be a great way to help be involved in and develop a sport I enjoy in another country. I chose New Zealand because it was the furthest from home. But seriously because I figure it would be good being down here for summer and grab some good weather and also get to see the other side of the world. I have found the placement so far great everyone so far has been really friendly. I have not had any problems adjusting to like down here and the city is so relaxed.”
~ by Matthew Overmyer
accommodation, airport pickup
YOUR ADVENTURE STARTS HERE! Help children, animals and conservation around the world. Gain valuable work experience and new skills. All ages & nationalities welcome. EXPLORE a new culture from the inside on worthwhile, well-structured projects.
FLEXIBLE: From two weeks to one year - you choose your dates and duration.