Writers Academy » Ze Ts & Cs
1. The Gapyear.com Writers Academy ("GWA") was created by gapyear.com to help aspiring writers, photographers and film-makers develop their skills. These terms and conditions apply to those who produce content for the site via the GWA. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you should not contact us via the details given for the GWA. References in these terms and conditions to "Gapyear" shall mean and include Flight Centre(UK) Limited trading as Gapyear (UK Company Registration No. 2937210).
2. Producing content through the GWA entitles members to expert advice and commission offers from the GWA team to provide content of certain types on specified topics. The GWA gives its members the opportunity to develop their travel writing, photography and videography skills, and to have their work published on gapyear.com.
3. Content generated within the GWA which meets the required standard may be published on gapyear.com. Editors of gapyear.com may work with members on submitted content to help members' work meet the required standard, including by editing content and providing feedback and advice. It is a condition of GWA membership that members acknowledge that gapyear.com will have absolute discretion as to how it deals with submitted content.Gapyear.com will at all times be entitled to edit, rewrite, reduce or otherwise alter content submitted. Gapyear.com may also choose to reject content in its sole and absolute discretion. While the GWA is keen to encourage aspiring travel journalists at all levels, it may not always be able to provide members with feedback and advice, including where capacity constraints exist or where a member's work has not met the required standard after what gapyear.com deems to be a reasonable period and amount of assistance.
4. Those who submit content through the GWA agree that, by submitting editorial copy to the GWA in any form they assign and transfer to Flight Centre(UK) Limited trading as Gapyear, its successors and assigns, the entire right, title and interest (including any copyright) in and to the content and waive any entitlement to any moral rights they may have as an author of the content. Members may not deal with submitted content (including without limitation by publishing it, or providing it to other publishers or forums) without gapyear.com's prior written approval.
5. With respect to other media submitted to the GWA (including without limitation photographs, film, music, sound, graphics, code or artistic works), members agree to grant Flight Centre(UK) Limited trading as Gapyear an indefinite and irrevocable world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, display and distribute these (in whole or part) and / or to incorporate them into other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
6. Those who submit content through the GWA warrant that any content (including any written work, photographs, film, music, sound, graphics, code or artistic works), they submit to the GWA is original and that they are the author of the content, and will indemnify gapyear.com and its officers, employees and agents against all losses, costs, damages, claims and expenses arising from any third party claim brought in respect of the member's content.
7. Where a member's work is published gapyear.com agrees to attribute the member as the principal author of the content (regardless of the amount of the GWA's contribution by way of editing and selection).
8. Members are invited to submit content to learn, develop their skills and have the chance to have their work published. Members will not be paid for content submitted or published.
9. If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or about membership of the GWA generally, feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. By submitting content through the GWA, you acknowledge that you are 18 years of age or older (or, where you are younger, you agree that you are submitting content for the GWA with the consent, and under the supervision, of a parent, guardian or other responsible adult) and that you understand and agree with the above terms and conditions.
11. These terms and conditions were last updated on 10 February 2014. Gapyear.com may amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice to you by posting updated terms and conditions to the GWA site.