Join us at Diamonds Training Centre for one of the most complete gap year course you can find today!
Who we are
A team of dedicated coaches with a lenghty experience in skiing and sports coaching. Differently from the majority of other gap providers, we don’t have intermediaries. When you get in touch with our company it’s one of us coaches that replies. We are there for your from the first moment you need us until the end.
Where we are
The Autumn Gap runs in Zermatt, Switzerland, where we can count on the highest glacier in Europe. The Klein Matterhorn ski area peaks at nearly 4.000 meters! The terrain is on continuous change, as through out the weeks more lifts open up and different slopes become available. During the course the snow park is always available, along with the link to Cervinia, the italian town at the other end of the glacier valley.
Zermatt is well connected by train (swiss trains..) to a number of cities and other resorts, so it’s easy to travel during the time off and live some new adventures.
The Autumn Gap also includes a ski trip to Saas Fee! Part of the experience is also to explore new places, specially if work oportunities can arise from there. So why not organize a visit (and a great ski day) to the “pearl of the Alps”!
The Training Programme
Possibly the most comprehensive Gap programme available today. Not just because we can count on a number of professionals specialized in differen fields, but because we can tailor the training around the group’s needs!
Ski Training includes:
– Ski Technique Training
– Teaching and Group Leading Training
– Video Analysis on Personal Technique
– Video Analysis for Teaching Development
– Avalanche Awareness clinics
– Introduction to Freestyle
– Accredited First Aid Course
In the afternoon and evening we run:
– Weekly Dryland Training and Stretching sessions
– Lectures on Anatomy and Biomechanics applied to Skiing
– Lectures on Nutrition and Applications in Sport
– Lectures on Teaching Methods
Included in the course are the IASI Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications. Which will allow you to hold a valid ski instructor license, recognized by virtually all countries in the world (France excepted).
Our instructors have worked, beside Switzlerland and Italy, in Japan, Australia, New Zealand and Canada!
Included in the course fee, we also provide catered accommodation in town.
Our chalets are in the middle of the old Zermatt Town, in cosy and typical wooden chalets, freshly renovated and fully furbished.
The Bahnhofstrasse, Zermatt’s main street, is just 5 minutes walk away. The Klein Matterhorn lift is 10 minutes walk and if you don’t fancy the walk, the bus stop is on your doorstep.
Weekly cleaning and linen change is included. Breakfast and dinner are also included and will be served at the chalet 5 days a week. Tasty and freshly prepared every day, taking in account your nutritional needs during the training.
We collaborate with a number of ski schools across the Alps and in other countries outside Europe as well. Companies that believe in what we are doing and are happy to offer season long jobs to our trainees from the Autumn Course. During your staying with us in Zermatt we organize meetings and social events for you to get to know the directors of the ski schools and makes sure you can find your dream job in your favorite location!
All the above is included in the course fee!
– Professional team of coaches
– On-snow Ski Technique training
– On-snow ski teaching training and practice
– Periodical Video Analysis on your technique
– Off-snow teaching practice and tips
– Off-snow fitness training and coaching
– Lectures on anatomy, nutrition, customer care
– Accommodation in resort
– Breakfast and dinner in the chalet, from monday to friday
– Course coordinator always available from the moment of booking
– Meetings with ski school directors during the course
– Help with CV and cover letters
– Insight on how a ski school works
– Tips on how to become an established snowsport professional as fast as possible
Full fee is: 9360 CHF
20% discount appliable for bookings made before end of May 2018: 7.488 CHF (saving 1.872 CHF!)
10% discount appliable for bookings made before mid August 2018: 8.424 CHF (saving 936 CHF!)
It’s time for the new adventure.