Hashtag yourself around the world
Instagram has revealed 2014’s most Instagrammed locations, and the winner might make hardened travellers weep beads of blood (or burst into song, depending on your persuasion). The results haven’t made it to Instagram’s blog yet, but much like these locations they are all up in your internet, so we thought we’d share.
So, how many of the top 10 Instagram locations of 2014 have you visited?
10. The Dubai Mall, Dubai, UAE
A photo posted by Sami Ahmed (@samiahmed11) on
Dec 12, 2014 at 12:36am PST
9. Yankee Stadium, New York, New York
8. Madison Square Garden, New York, New York
A photo posted by @guillemitus on
7. Red Square, Moscow, Russia
6. Musée du Louvre, Paris, France
A photo posted by Fabi B (@citizenyeonae) on
5. Gorky Park, Moscow, Russia
4. Siam Paragon shopping mall, Bangkok, Thailand
A photo posted by Taahir Moola (@revotai) on
3. Times Square, New York City, New York
A photo posted by JODesigns (@_jodesigns) on
2. Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, California
A photo posted by Trey Lacher (@treylacher14) on
1. Disneyland, Anaheim, California
So there you have it, the most Instagrammed location of 2014 was The Happiest Place on Earth! Perhaps the biggest surprise is the lack of popular tourist landmarks like the Eiffel Tower or Big Ben. The list brings in quite a few changes from 2013’s list, which we’ve included below.
1. Siam Paragon shopping mall, Bangkok
2. Times Square, New York
3. Disneyland, California
4. Bellagio Fountains, Las Vegas
5. Disney World, Florida
6. Staples Center
7. Central Park, New York
8. Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
9. Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK), Bangkok
10. The High Line, New York
Unfortunately this building shaped like a pair of breasts in Winter Park, Florida did not make the list, and will shortly be demolished as a direct result.
Some people just have no taste.