Exclusive Offers From Our Partners

View Deals

Visit India in 2019: Updated thread

Author Posts Send Reply

olivergreen
Participant

Since all the posts here on India tourism are years old I am sharing some of my experience of travelling through India since 2016. Hope you guys enjoy it and if you are planning to visit India then we can definitely plan a trip together (from Singapore)
A. Major Airports of India:
Today in India you will find more than 2 dozens international airports but some of the most busiest ones are:
1. New Delhi International Airport, aka Indra Gandhi Airport
2. Mumbai Airport
3. Kolkata Airport
5. Chennai Airport
B. Must see sites in India
There haven’t been a lot of changes in this segment and if you are planning to visit India for holidays or busines trip then visit:
1. Taj Mahal, Agra
2. Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpur
3. Hill stations of Srinagar
4. Hampi, Karnataka
5. Muysore Palace, Karnataka
C. How to travel in India?
In India, you can choose local airlines flights to travel from one state of anther and for inter-state travel Indian Trains are dirt cheap. Plus local city transportation can be done by Uber, local tuk tuk or tourist cabs which you can hire for a day or multiple days.
D. From where to book hotel accommodation in India?
Booking.com is for me the best portal to book accommodation in India and some (many) options here have pay at hotel option.
Will add more details soon.

olivergreen
Participant

Some tour companies you can contact to plan your holidays in India:
1. Booking.com: View this site to book pay at hotel accommodation in almost all major tourist & commercial cities of India. Plus, when you book a accommodation from here, its advised to contact the hotel, hostel etc and get a confirmation from them too, whether they will accept your reservation/
2. Tripadvisor: Want to know which tourist site, landmark or get details of some travel agency like Rajputana Cabs from Jaipur, etc, view their site. Plus also check Rajputana Cabs, which is a Jaipur based tour agency.
3. 500px: Get the best images of tourist sites from this website, this is one of my favorite.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Whether you’re a newbie traveller looking for help or a backpacking veteran with words of wisdom to share, our community is waiting for you.

Join the Community
[contact-form-7 id="4" title="Contact form 1"]