Euster

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 4626

Joined 2002-12-31

Is it pronounced Yooster or like Oyster? Been bothering me for some time..

deleted-user

Yooster because he’s Ewan. that’s how i’ve always read it. how about you. is it lunny as in rhymes with sunny or not?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 453

Joined 2004-02-29

Been bothering me for some time..

Hehe. Good to see it’s been fulfilling it’s purpose! Yep, Stebbs is right, Yooster (Ewan-ster type thing). It’s the only thing my mates call me that wouldn’t have to be censored.

P.s. it occured to me that you could have called this post c**t and no-one would be able to tell!

Joined 2002-12-31

Hehe.

Yeh my name rhymes with ‘sunny’. My surname is Lunn, thats where Lunny comes from. My mates are so original.

deleted-user

Same here last name Hyde, so naturally they call me Hydey…genious :D

deleted-user

Mine’s an irc name. It got chosen for me wink when I decided to drop the old one (StarGirl) once I’d split with my (now) ex. Bit boring, really, compared to you lot smile

deleted-user

what’s irc. is it that nerd stuff you were on about somewhere?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 453

Joined 2004-02-29

Yeah I need to explore this irc thing. I’m sure we’re missing out…

What’s your real name then Lyssia?

Total Posts: 2214

Joined 2002-02-28

My stunningly interesting tale is that my real name is Grace, and my nickname is Gracey, but I do get called more interesting stuff, tho im not sure i should say!! 

Which avatar is better do u think, by the way?

deleted-user

The non-Simpsons one, Gracey smile

irc is an acronym for Internet Relay Chat, which was the mother of all chats in the sense that it was around before msn, yahoo, and other web-based chat prots. For the techies out there, it’s just a basic p2p net, tree-like smile

I suppose it has a rep for being “nerdy”, mainly cos it’s a little more hassle to use initially -you need to dl a program “client”, whereas webchats, such as the one on Terry’s msn group (plug!) are that much easier to get in and use. With irc you certainly need a little time to get used to all the different stuff you can do. But the spin off is that (well, I think so, at least) irc is a lot more versatile, not least cos you can create new rooms (“channels”wink at the drop of a hat. My ex, who introduced me to the network that I irc on, is a network manager, so he’s well up on all that. Then when we split up, we both stayed on the network, only began talking in different rooms wink

I’ve made friends with a lot of ppl over there, in all parts of the world, though admittedly there’s a big US/nl bias wink But I’m on a smaller network…on the big giants I reckon it’d be harder to do that.

Lys

PS My real name? raspberry

deleted-user

gracey’s new avatar is also simpson based my dear lys. that is Santa’s little helper. their dog that homer gives to the family for xmas in the first ever episode.
burns gave homer no xmas bonus and marge had to spend the savings on removing a tattoo from bart’s arm
homer becomes a santa in a department store. he only gets paid $13 so he tries to increase that at the dog races. santa’s little helper runs in last. homer has no presents and no money. then the owner of the dog dumps him outside the track and it jumps into homer’s arms.
then comes the line:
to the dog> your a loser, but your a smpson
and the 1st episode ends happily ever after.

irc is for nerds.

Joined 2002-12-31

Trouble is with IRC, there are loads of commands and stuff to master. And if youre not already an insider, people are usually hostile to you. But one good thing is that you can get loads of good software (pirate), any mp3 you want (whole albums, also pirate) and movies (yep, pirate). I downloaded the whole Spiderman in a couple of hours. Quality. It is full of nerds though. Just imagine a vast network of chat rooms, full of people like the comic book guy in the simpsons, and you’ll see.

deleted-user

mine is as it is because it’s all i could think off that was vaguely original in its format - now that sounds nerdy!

deleted-user

I stand corrected, Stebbs smile

deleted-user

my names pat cos my names pat.

deleted-user

I like condiments