meet in london

Post Reply New Thread

meet in london

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 5762

Joined 2006-07-14

Hey guys

Not sure who’s in charge of the attendance list but I’ve just had a chat with the General Manager at the Generator and they almost set aside the whole bar for us! Funny, but told her no and that we would fit nicely in with everyone else.

They are happy to let everyone in without a buddy as long as they can get a ‘reasonable’ list of who is going to be attending. Purely for fire regulations anyone else who isn’t on the list needs to state at the entrance that they are with the gapyear.com meet up and then give their name… and voila! they are in.

Thought you’d all like to post the news on the boards as I don’t want to take away any thunder from the originators of this. Looks like it’s going to be really good. Thanks a lot for putting in the time to sort it. If you can let me know who else has been involved in this then I can thank them as well.

Me and my guys names are:
Peter Pedrick
Naomi Moaksom
Will Wisbey
Lucy Lei

Look forward to drinking with you all very soon!

P.

————————————————————————————————————————

gapyear.com claims no responsibility for the content of these messages. If you find the sender offensive please email the community manager.

hey jus a small up date on how the london meet is coming along!
Merry took control of everything and has managed to get us a private part of the bar (or is that pirate?)  :wink:  for anyone who is planning on staying at they hostel PM Merry by friday 19th (yeah its my birthday) with your full name, Merry is sending a list of everyone staying so we can all be in the same rooms!
if your not staying PM Merry and then all you need to do is find a “london meet buddy” who will sign you in and take full responciblity (sp?) for you.
Everyione is meeting in the hostel bar around 6pm, you should see y=us as there will be a sign so i think, need more info PM Merry

————————————————————————————————————————————-
hey jus so people can read it for them selves
27th jan stayina at the generator hostel in london most people are meeting around 6pm in the hostel bar, some people are meeting earlier so i think some people will be in the bar from around 3, most people are swapping numbers with a few other in case they get lost or to meet up earlier, got aorunf 30 people who have already booked….. hope to see ya all there

hi ive posted this some place else but i thought id do it on here to,

i reading some’s journal and a few years ago, i think, there was a meet in london so people who hadnt gone on there RTW/gapyear could talk to people that had etc and i was wonderin if anyone fancied doing another one soon????

post a reply and can try n organise it if people are up for it

—————————————

jus for new poeple the meey has been organised for jan 27th and most people will be staying at the generator hostel. meeting times n stuff hasnt been organised but a list of people that will be there is:
1)me
2)sarahq
3)UKadder
4)james1985
5)Wanderer06
6)freestar
7)garybliss123
8 )99stacey
9)jenz21985
10)chuzzle
11)pabbott
12)merry
13)Jigguk
14)sausages
15)laura
16)blondenhappy
17)funkycat
18 )chase
19 )rians
20+21)murphyj1234 + travel mate
22)Lunny
23)vinno84
24)red_deb
25)helen75
26)harriet_b_20’s brother Dan
27)jaydev
28 ) haystacz
29) Wristy
30) Tribbick88
31) Lauraloo86
32) chrissie1982
33) Ffran
34)jonseyxx
35) Bobbi83
36) Kris_m82
37) Stephlett
38) Jamilak
39 ) Motterway
40) Acquiesce

thats every1 whos sed there comin comes

Total Posts: 11379

Joined 2006-06-29

ooh could coincide with my coming to book my flight with global village maybe!

deleted-user

I would be up for meeting, going sept07 so any inspiration or other ideas would be brilliant. Weekends possible only for me.

Joined 2006-07-14

sarah wen u bookin ur flight? weekends only sounds good 2

Joined 2006-06-29

either just before or after xmas, though after xmas is looking more promising as iv dipped into my flight money for xmas pressies!

Joined 2006-07-14

i thought best option would b end of jan or beginnin of feb as no1 will have money over xmas n jan n if people wana stay there n go out at night most hostels will b booked =.........need some help people need some in put i wasnt plannin on organising it jus thought id make the suggestion so every1s input would b good

Joined 2006-06-29

think you may have nominated yourself as organiser sorry! end of jan is fine with me

Total Posts: 2534

Joined 2006-07-14

im definetely there as long as it means there will be drinking aswell.haha

Total Posts: 2534

Joined 2006-07-14

But i take it that most people have not got that far to london>coz i have to cum quite a way.Seeing as i live in the english riviera.haha

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 453

Joined 2002-01-31

I’d be up for that as well…

Let me know some dates. Will see who I can drag along!

RankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 969

Joined 2006-07-14

I live in London, so you can def count me in. Ive just come back from a round the worlder and am moving to China for at least a year come February 2007. I will happily bring my photos along and try my best to inspire those who have booked or are thinking of booking a similar trip.

I would agree with the concensus that alcohol must feature at some point in the day

Dan

Joined 2006-07-14

ok so it is mainly a reason for people to meet up n talk bout travellin while gettin totally sloshed n im really interested to see jus how much u boys can handle! he he i was thinkin as some people have a long away to come 1st weekend of feb would b good but if you all think u can afford earlier then let us know coz i dont really mind wen!

RankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 969

Joined 2006-07-14

Personally I would prefer a meet up before the 20th january, as my teaching placement in Beijing starts at the end of Feb and i was hoping to take in Nepal first before heading into China, so plan to be off by mid January.

Obviously the majority rules, so we will just have to see how it pans out.

Dan

Joined 2006-06-29

my birthday is jan 17th and will be busy either the weekend b4 or after (prob the wkend after) but anyone who has to travel quite a way like poor old me all the way from liverpool, look for the cheap tickets with virgin £10 each way to london normally for me!

RankRank

Total Posts: 75

Joined 2006-07-30

I would definately be up for this. End of Jan is ok for me, only weekend I can’t do is the 12/13 Jan as i’m in Amsterdam.

Joined 2006-07-14

my birthdays the 19th n my best mates the 30th so wot bout saturday 3rd of fed?