Help!! Is my passport considered damaged?

Post Reply New Thread

Help!! Is my passport considered damaged?

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-03-31

Hello everyone,

I’m going to Sweden next week and I just found out that there’s a small tear on the last page of my passport which is empty. But the page with my personal information and other pages still look perfect. Do you think I would get into trouble? Is this considered a damaged passport? I’m really worried but I guess I have no time to apply for a new one.

Thanks in advance

I’m sorry I can’t post the photo here. Have no idea why
So this is the link

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2007-10-31

I doubt that would be considered damaged - my husband put his passport through the washing machine and he had no problems using it afterwards. (Except that he had to renew it early because he ran out of space as all the stamps smudged and duplicated)

If you’re worried, maybe get it sorted after you’ve come back form Sweden before your next trip. I don’t think it’ll be a problem for Sweden.

Total Posts: 378

Joined 2012-11-01

I think you’ll be fine. My passport is battered! Check with someone on your return journey, when you’re back in the UK, and they’ll be able to tell you if it’s something you need to worry about in the future.

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2014-10-30

I think you’ll be alright. If it’s just a little mark like that then I reckon you’ll be fine anywhere but the US, you might have an issue there. If you’re worried just go and ask the embassy maybe? It’d be awful to try and travel somewhere and then not be allowed in.